This long established Retails organisation is looking to recruit an experienced Financial Analyst at their Derbyshire based distribution site.
As Financial Analyst you will report directly to the Finance Manager, and will be responsible for the day to day management of the financial processes of the site and operation (reporting / forecasting and governance). This is a highly visible role within the business, working closely with senior level business partners and their teams providing analysis and challenging operational performance.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Accurate reporting of the operating cost base including detailed analysis.
- Working with key operational managers to drive continuous improvement in the understanding of financial operational performance.
- Supporting the Finance Manager to prepare, analyse and sign off quarterly forecasts, annual operating plans and three year plan.
- Continually assess the financial reports to ensure the financial reporting suite is in line with the changing operational environment of the site.
- Maintain all financial controls established to ensure continued compliance with company financial policies and procedures.
- Taking ownership of the financial training programme.
This is an exciting career opportunity for a commercially aware Qualified or part-qualified Accountant (ACCA, ACA, CIMA), with experience of working within an operational environment. You must be confident, able to challenge operational managers and translate operational efficiency in to financial impact and have the credibility to provide support to non-financial managers within the business.
Good IT knowledge and literacy including advanced Excel is imperative and knowledge of SAP is preferable.
This is a permanent role paying £28,000 - £35,000 depending on experience plus Company car and other excellent benefits including a Staff Discount.