Finance Analyst/Project Accountant
Finance Analyst / Project Accountant
We are the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions, with 68,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India.
We are seeking a Finance Analyst for our Public Services Partnerships finance team based in Leeds. This is a key business partnering role working with the transformation and operational teams, responsible for net profit reporting and analysis of reported performance against expectations. We are looking for someone who enjoys working with project teams to get under the numbers to influence business performance.
Reporting to Head of Finance
- Partner with transformation project managers to deliver accurate and timely forecasts of financial performance, taking account any potential operational risks and opportunities.
- Support requirements of transformation workstreams to ensure control of project spend.
- Produce accurate and timely reporting for the contract on a monthly basis.
- Ensure accurate representation of monthly P&L performance, posting all required ledger entries, reviewing the ledger to understand costs and supporting your transactions with appropriate reconciliations.
- Review reported performance against targets, challenge project teams to produce and deliver action plans to improve the performance and ensure everyone understands and is able to explain the key drivers of variances.
- Build and maintain strong professional relationships across the business to influence financial performance and understand the contract, price and cost drivers and challenge assumptions where necessary.
- Review forecast against the Business Plan and previous forecast targets, and ensure key drivers of variances are clearly understood.
- Produce accurate working capital forecasts, working to minimise working capital through accurate & timely billing to our client, and ensure query resolution on a timely basis.
- Deliver monthly scheduled and ad-hoc reporting to tight deadlines.
- Work with finance, operational and transformation teams to streamlining existing processes, designing new reports and processes where necessary.
- Help to identify requirements for change controls, working with the commercial, transformation and service teams to take account of changes to baseline.
Key Performance Measures
- Accuracy of monthly P&L and financial forecasts.
- Relevant areas of MI / business plans / reforecast prepared in accordance with guidelines.
- Monthly meetings held with relevant contract stakeholders to discuss performance and trends.
- Production of analysis / trends / risk & opportunity schedules with recommended actions.
- Any key issues highlighted.
- Accuracy & timeliness of key responsibilities.
- Working Capital kept to a minimum.
- Ability to use own judgement and initiative to anticipate and investigate queries.
Skills & Experience:
- Finalist or Recently qualified accountant (ACCA or CIMA)
- Previous experience in a project accounting role
- Diligent, attention to detail, willing to challenge
- Excellent MS Excel skills
- Experience of Business & Reporting systems (SAP desirable)
- Able to act on own initiative
- Ability to manage own workload and prioritise effectively to meet tight reporting deadlines.
- Good at communicating at all levels, with finance and non-finance teams.
- Ability to influence decision making process through clear presentation of financials
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job.
We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 day's holiday company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle.
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.