An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Accountant to join a leading firm of Chartered Accountants based in Colchester, within their Business and Private Department. This continuously growing firm boasts high staff retention and the opportunities to develop are limitless.
Main Purpose of the Role:
To work as part of the Business and Private Department, preparing accounts for partnerships, sole traders and companies drafting tax computations, drafting Self-Assessment and Partnership Tax Returns and providing a hands-on compliance role that exceeds client expectations and supports the Partner and Management team. The successful candidate will have the responsibility for all aspects of their clients work and the opportunity to get involved in business development activity.
Accounts and Tax
- Preparing the accounts of business clients;
- Preparing business tax computations and returns as required;
- Preparing Self-Assessment and Partnership Tax Returns;
- Reviewing accounting and tax work prepared by others;
- Managing workload and client expectations;
- Working within budgets set at the planning stage;
- Overseeing junior staff in the preparation of accounts, providing training where required and assisting with their development;
- Ensuring the efficient use of appropriate software packages internally and supporting clients’ accounting systems.
- Maintains up to date understanding of clients' business;
- Maintains good working relationships with client staff;
- Is aware of the wide range of Company services and spots opportunities to potentially sell those services to clients;
- Takes an active role in business development, and promoting the firm in the local area.
- Consistently achieves deadlines and understands the commercial implications of actions relating to productivity, recoverability, fee income and client service;
- Communicates workload with manager or partner.
- Attends training courses as identified in order to develop both technical and personal skills and keeps records for compliance purposes.
- Adheres to the firms' risk management policies and procedures;
- Undertakes other duties to meet the demands of the business.
Education and Qualifications
- Qualified (ACA, ACCA).
- Maths and English Language at GCSE or equivalent.
- Preparation of personal tax returns;
- Experience of working in an accountancy practice;
- Experience of using Microsoft packages, internet, email and computerised packages.
- Proven ability to adapt quickly to changing deadlines and priorities
- Management of own client portfolio
- Experience of working on Sage, QuickBooks or similar programmes would be desirable
- Strong organisation skills;
- Ability to network and develop contacts;
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral);
- Be proactive in identifying practical solutions to internal and client issues;
- Be able to operate at a high level of confidentiality;
- Have a "can do" approach;
- Innovative and able to use own initiative;
- Delivers excellent client services at all times;
- Applicants must be willing to travel to other offices in East Anglia when needed.
For further information of this role, please apply directly or contact Darren Buckley at AJ Chambers