Purchase Ledger Clerk
Progressive opportunity for a tenacious and forward thinking individual with some purchase Ledger experience, to join a large, international Guildford based company with a turnover in excess of £300 million
- Strong accounts experience within a commercial finance team to include purchase ledger
- Time management skills and the ability to prioritise key tasks
- Good knowledge of spreadsheets (Excel)
- Highly numerate
- Problem solving skills
About The Role
Based in Guildford, you will be working within a team of five Purchase Ledger Clerks, reporting directly into the Management Accountant. You will be responsible for processing all invoices of the business, ensuring payment duties are carried out in an accurate and timely manner.
It will involve:
- Scanning and profiling invoices
- Entering invoices and expenses onto the AP system
- Preparing approved invoices for the payment
- Making payments (sterling and foreign currency) by BACS, CHAPS and cheque
- Checking statements received from suppliers
- Dealing with internal and external telephone queries
- Monitoring aged creditor information
About Our Client
This client of Howett Thorpe is an established international organisation.
Commutable from Aldershot, Alton, Basingstoke, Camberley, Cobham, Cranleigh, Dorking, Esher, Farnborough, Farnham, Fleet, Frimley, Godalming, Guildford, Hook, Horsham, Kingston, Lightwater, Petersfield, Redhill, Reigate, Walton, West Byfleet, Weybridge, Windlesham and Woking.
Howett Thorpe are acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role and comply with all relevant UK legislation and do not discriminate on any protected characteristics. Due to the high volume of applications we currently receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from a Consultant within 5 working days please assume that you have not been successful.
Refer a friend
If this job is not of interest to you, but you know a friend or colleague who may be interested, recommend them to us and receive a minimum of £150 in vouchers if we assist them in securing a permanent role and a minimum of £25 in vouchers if we place them in a temporary assignment. (Terms & conditions apply)