An attractive and key role within a prestigious Carlisle based operation has been created as the result of a restructure within the finance team.
Reporting directly to the Finance Director, the Financial Analyst will provide timely and accurate cash flow forecasts as well as quarterly budgets, taking responsibility for the management of the companies cash position. Involving close interaction with various people across the business regards WIP, individual projects, balance sheet and budgeted income statements.
Responsibilities and objectives:
- Preparation of daily, weekly, monthly & Group cash flow forecasts and dealing with any queries.
- Chasing up internal departmental managers to ensure timely invoicing of customers and hosting of the monthly WIP meeting.
- Chasing up overdue debt from customers.
- Management of and execution of supplier payment runs.
- Creating, managing and monitoring ad hoc project plans.
- Preparation of quarterly company budgeted income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement.
- On-going monitoring of project effectiveness.
- Management and monitoring of Project accounting processes.
- Monitoring, controlling, development, streamlining and planning of current and future cash flow, outgoing & Incoming payments.
- To liaise with other departments as required ensuring the reporting deadlines are met.
- Due to the nature of the role, which will support the division and broader Group, there will be a need to support in a number of general, non-specific areas to maintain the success of the business.
- Communicate with external advisor's, auditors etc.
- Provide assistance and support to the Finance Director.
Key Attributes, Skills and Experience required:
- Experience of cash forecasting and budgeting
- Good IT Skills (Microsoft Excel)
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good numerical and analytical skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work to deadlines
- CIMA, ACA or ACCA
Salary Package and Hours of work:
- Salary region £35,000
- Company pension: 5% employer contribution
- Lifestyle rewards scheme
- Health care plan
- Company uniform
- Annual leave entitlement: 25 days plus bank holidays
- On site parking
- 40 hours per week (Monday-Friday) with flexibility on start/finish times.