Building Manager - Westminster, London
Location: Westminster, London
Salary: £ 25.000 - £ 30.000
Hours: 8:00 - 17:00 Monday - Friday (including 1 hour lunch break)
My client is one of the UK’s largest and most successful property management groups, delivering a range of bespoke residential management services to landlords, developers and house builders nationwide.
The company has high standards rewarding employees for their dedication and hard work with great benefits, performance-related salary increases and awards for people going above and beyond. They see and treat employees as important as their customers. In this high performance culture they encourage learning and development, working with individuals to identify progression opportunities.
- Maintain a high profile around the development and being available in the office. Make new residents feel welcome and help them settle in.
- Carry out daily checks ensuring the building is secure, communal areas, gardens and grounds are cleaned and maintained through effective management of contractors and secure to the highest standards. You will liaise with contractors monitoring progress to ensure it is completed in a timely and safe manner to the standards agreed and expected.
- Act as an ambassador for the business at all times, delivering an exceptional level of service to all our customers. Help build a sense of community by encouraging and supporting a Social Committee to plan and run social events for all residents.
- Be vigilant to any breaches of rules and regulations as contained in the lease and any tenancy changes, and advise your line manager. Follow all internal procedures to ensure we fulfil Landlord statutory obligations.
- Maintain all manual and computer records, collect payment for any development bookings or service charges and bank them in line with Company Policy. Ensure all data, saved on manual systems and on IT equipment is protected and kept secure at all times.
Assist in the sale and re-sale of property. Show all prospective purchasers around communal areas to assist estate agents and developers; and internal property viewings on behalf of those Agents.
Maintain an effective managerial relationship with staff, ensuring that they remain highly motivated and their work is of the required standard.
Arrange induction training to new staff on all procedures and to train staff to ensure that they are familiar with relevant procedures and that these are adhered to at all times.
Responsible for the management of a petty cash fund.
Handle administrative matters relating to the management of the building and staff.
To oversee the operation of all service contracts relating to the building and to liaise with the managing agent with regard to their effectiveness.
In consultation with the Associate Director, assist in the development and management of long term maintenance plans for the building.
To be responsible for all matters of a Health & Safety nature, relating to the building.
In order to be considered for this position you must have previous residential Building or Development Management experience.