Information and Advice Officer, Peterborough OR London
Mencap is committed to providing good quality information and advice to people with a learning disability, their families and carers, and professionals working with them. The Information and Advice team is critical to making this happen, working with families, carers and supporters on a 1:1 basis via telephone and email to provide accurate and accessible advice to support them to understand the options available to them.
A truly exciting and rewarding opportunity has arisen for an Information and Advice Officer to join our team in either London OR Peterborough.
The location will be determined by the successful candidate.
The ideal candidate will be a strong communicator with the ability to adapt to their audience. They will have experience in providing information and advice to a wide range of people. They will be passionate and knowledgeable about learning disability and have strong research skills.
The Information and Advice Officer will play a key role in developing a strong, organisation-wide advice and information service; including supporting and advising the helpline team, and developing and monitoring information on the Mencap website.
The Information and Advice Officer will also be central to ensuring our campaigns and policy work is informed by the lived experiences of people with a learning disability and their families, and that cases they work on feed into our campaigning and influencing work.
It would be desirable for the candidate to have NVQ Level 3 Certificate in Advice and Guidance, but if not, support will be provided towards achieving this.
Does this sound like you?
If the answer is yes, then we would love to hear from you!
Please click the "Apply" button to submit your interest and start your Mencap journey today and springboard your career to new heights!!
Please ensure you FULLY complete the application questions to be considered for this role.
Job ID: 7274
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
- 32 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme*
- Amazing Induction from day 1
- Access to award winning training and development
- Service related sick pay when 6-month probation is completed
- Eligibility to join Mencap Pension Plan where Mencap matches contributions upto 5% on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings*
- Membership of Mencap Pension Plan to include up to 3 times salary death in service live cover AND Income Protection of 50% salary to be triggered at 26 weeks of long term sickness*
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Loans for bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
*T&C's apply based on contract