IT Test Analyst
IT Test Analyst
Commutable from Bristol, Bath, Swindon
Salary - 28-32k + Benefits
12month FTC - Strong possibility of going permanent
This is a key role within a technology-focussed team, with the successful Test Analyst required to influence quality at all stages of the project, driving continuous improvement and getting involved with requirements, analysis, design, testing and release of enterprise level software applications.
The Test Analyst will work with the project teams and IT Suppliers, to ensure the successful delivery of the major platform deliverables from different IT projects through a robust process of test and integration processes.
The ideal candidate for this role will be able to demonstrate experience with Acceptance testing (Including UAT), Exploratory Testing and Automation of functional and non-functional requirements.
- Develop Test Plans, Scenarios and Scripts
- Transform business scenarios into valid test cases with clear requirements coverage and expected results
- Ensure that Test Plans are approved by the business / product owners
- Drive the Automation for functional and non-functional requirements - creating new scripts and maintaining regression packs
- Execute Test Plans and document results and observations, where appropriate log defects and conduct root cause analysis
- Develop and review Test Plans and Reports
- Liaise with Business Analysts for any requirement/operational clarifications
- Liaise with IT suppliers as required to ensure complete systems test coverage is jointly achieved
- Close working with PMO to ensure required test gates are met for project delivery
- Support business User Acceptance Test activities
- Perform hands on testing of applications and infrastructure
- Ensure 100% requirements coverage and traceability through testing
- Participation in requirements workshops as required
Substantial experience in a Test Analyst role
- Whole software life cycle test management experience
- Proven ability to build effective relationships with third party suppliers and employees
- Project delivery in both Agile (DSDM and Scrum) and Waterfall environments
- Strong Stakeholder Management skills
- Strong hands on test automation experience with experience of building test automation frameworks from scratch or being part of a team that has done this
- Experience with testing tools and frameworks particularly Robot/Selenium
- Experience with all aspects of the testing lifecycle and test automation: functional, system, performance, stress, etc.
- Knowledge and experience in Agile Methodologies such as Scrum
- Knowledge of software best practices like test-driven development (TDD), behavioural driven development (BDD) continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Understanding of a variety of testing methods including the current / latest testing methods and tools
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful
Ambridge Harris is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Ambridge Harris will not discriminate on unlawful grounds.