£32,000 - £42,000 Inclusive of overtime and call-out allowance + Benefits
Are you seeking an engineering career at a leading electronics manufacturing company?
We’re eager to recruit an experienced Service Engineer to join the UK’s largest independent systems integrator, specialising in electrical control systems and variable speed drives. Our client dominates the industry, with an excellent international reputation and promising growth projections for the coming years.
This opportunity suits an individual who is seeking a dynamic role in a fast-paced environment. With a superb office, a professional but friendly working environment and a company focus on personal and professional development, our client pitches itself as a forward-thinker in the industry. Pushing forward with growth of the service team in the North, this exciting opportunity is ideal for the candidate who wants to be a part of our client’s continued success.
The Service Engineer will be required to provide support and service to our client’s customers on a 27/4 basis, while also contributing to the organisation and operation of the support team. Call-out cover will be a must and will be expected of the Service Engineer on a rotational basis alongside other colleagues in the department. Amongst other things, the Service Engineer will be relied upon to provide technical support both within the team and in the field. With full support of the company, the Service Engineer will be responsible for shaping a new division in our client’s business.
What are the main responsibilities?
- To provide rapid response to breakdown and service calls.
- To provide second-to-none support to our client’s existing customer base.
- To facilitate the company’s service business including reporting and invoicing.
- To assist the engineering department in both general support and commissioning.
- To provide technical support to service colleagues.
- To provide casual field services to the entire customer base.
- To give training and feedback to the engineering team regarding problem and solution development.
What do you need to progress?
- A Higher National Diploma or Degree in electrical engineering or relevant field.
- Familiarity and experience with industrial drive, control and automation products.
- Experience working with Siemens PLCs
- Excellent communication skills.
- Fine attention to detail.
- Excellent computer literacy.
- Flexibility in working patterns.
- Capability in team building and delivering on team products.
- Ability to work both on your own and well within a team.
- Beneficial - an understanding of MRP philosophy.
This genuinely exciting opportunity will see the individual play a key role in the growth of our client’s UK-wide business; with an attractive package of benefits and remuneration, this role isn’t one to be missed! For further details on the opportunity and how to apply, get in touch with Victoria by applying below.