Event Sales Researcher
Key Responsibilities include:
- Conduct sales research to clients who are currently using, or have the potential to use our services. This will be achieved via a combination of telephone canvassing, internet research, and use of specific sites, e.g. LinkedIn
- Help gather, input and analyse market and customer data in the customer database to help the Projects team to prioritize target existing accounts and engage with prospects.
- Track and spot trends on Social networks to help identify active social prospects and brands.
- Generate minimum 20 new sales leads per month
- Achieving a minimum call volume of 25 new business calls per week to maximise sales lead opportunities.
- Determine and complete RFPs for Local and National Clients
- Ensure accurate data entry and upkeep of CRM system
- Determine and organize relevant exhibition and networking events for team to attend. Where necessary the successful candidate for this role will be required to attend some of these events.
- Analyse and monitor competitor details
- To perform any other reasonable task as requested by management
Key Skills and Experience Required:
The successful candidate will ideally have a background in sales within the events or hospitality industry, and be a highly motivated individual able to work on their own or as part of the team with a pro-active and determined approach.
- Experience in a related role
- Ability to communicate and consult effectively with good presentation skills
- Ability to self-manage and self-motivate whilst working in a team
- Good IT Skills, including Microsoft Office and ideally Act database.
- Be able show good time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Good attention to detail
- Hard working and enthusiastic
- A keen interest in the industry.
- Professional with initiative and flexibility
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Ability to manage more than one project at a time
- Time management and prioritisation
- Ability to build effective relationships at all levels of business
- Willingness to work unsociable hours
- Target driven and passionate
- Humour and social Skills
- Team Player