Our Client are a high-end property investor and developer, specialising within residential and expanding into commercial asset classes. The company are expanding quickly through 2017 and have a substantial development / investment pipeline within the M25. The company are looking to add a Planning Associate to their team with an architectural / planning background. The incoming Planning Associate will be working closely with the Development Associate and other Directors at the company.
- Undertaking planning policy appraisals to feed into site analysis.
- Critically assessing planning policy, precedent and legal issues to determine where opportunities/challenges may arise.
- Providing general commercial advice on CIL, S106, reliefs etc.
- Contributing to, and undertake forensic due-diligence ahead of prospective acquisitions.
- Undertaking qualitative research to feed into commercial assumptions i.e. demographic research.
- Analysing planning policies and area designations to feed into strategic land identification.
- Identifying potential strategic development opportunities.
- Identifying institutional disposal pipelines.
- Checking local development frameworks for impending designation removal.
- Keeping track of new/emerging planning policies and changes in legislation.
- Proposing ways the company could capitalise on policy and legislation to deliver their PRS model.
- Building relationships with local planning authorities, relevant consultancies (i.e. political consultants) and other parties to aid overarching strategy.
- Identifying opportunities where the company can make beneficial representations to influence emerging policy and liaise with planning consultant to deliver.
The Person: the successful Planning Associate will have a minimum of 4 years' planning experience and MUST have a strong urban planning background. The ideal candidate will be ambitious, dynamic and confident and have good experience / interest working in PRS or alternative residential developments. Additionally, the successful Planning Associate will have the ability to communicate internally and externally with professional contractors, local residents and internal management. This is an exceptional opportunity to join a well-capitalised, expanding, high-end development company with an exciting portfolio and pipeline.
Please visit our website to view all our vacancies. Follow us on Twitter or on LinkedIn or like us on Facebook
Please note that due to volume we cannot get back to everyone, however every application is looked at and considered and will be held on Trident International's database for review. If you have not heard back from us within 5 working days you should assume your initial application has been unsuccessful, however if suitable roles arise in the future we will make every effort to contact you.