Specialiast Tutors - Assistive Technology, Mentoring, Specialist Learning Support
We are looking for passionate, engaging and talented tutors to support our growing team at B.I.T.T. Services. If you have experience in supporting individuals with a difficulty and have a true desire to help them tackle their challenges then we have some exciting tutoring roles for you.
At B.I.T.T. Services we support individuals in the work place and higher education who present a difficulty, such as Mental Health or Specialist Learning Difficulty (SpLD), through a range of bespoke services: Assistive Technology Tuition, Mentoring, Specialist Learning and Dyslexia Support.
All our tutors work flexibly, managing their own diary and choosing their own hours. You will meet face to face with the individuals that you support and as such expected to travel (distance / travel time negotiable). Working at B.I.T.T. Services means working for an independent organisation that truly cares about the well-being of the individual in receipt of our services.
Tutoring Job Descriptions
Assistive Technology Tutor
- Provide one-to-one tuition to individuals teaching them how to utilise Assistive Technologies and tackle their challenges.
- Demonstrate how to use and relate the Assistive Technology (software and hardware) and associated strategies to enable the individual to work independently and grow in confidence.
- Deliver training through a methodical and structured manner in line with the Company's Assistive Technology Handbook.
- Support the trainee through the use of practical strategies appropriate for them encouraging academic or work place success.
Mentor - Mental health and or Autism
- Provide regular one-to-one mentoring to support and encourage the individual to manage their difficulty, drive their own learning and independence.
- Agree realistic targets and guide mentee in developing solutions appropriate to them to manage their study or work related challenges.
- Build trust with mentee and promote a safe environment for them to share academic or work place concerns.
- Support mentee in developing practical strategies in line with the Company's Mentoring Handbook to encourage academic or work place success
Specialist Learning Support (SLS) / Dyslexia Tutor - Specific Learning Difficulties (SpLD) and / or Autism
- Provide regular one-to-one study skills support to encourage independent learning and facilitate autonomy for students in Higher Education. Similarly for those in the work place the relevant skills to support independent working.
- Agree realistic targets and guide trainee in developing solutions appropriate to them to manage their study or work related challenges.
- Build trust and help trainee develop strategies and well-being habits to support their academic and work place performance and reduce contextual anxieties.
- Support individuals in the development of practical strategies in line with the Company's SLS Handbook.
Apply for Specialiast Tutors - Assistive Technology, Mentoring, Specialist Learning Support
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly