Payroll Clerk 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
12 Month Fixed Term Contract
City Of London
Job Ref 28499
An award winning, International Law Firm with offices spread around the globe. Outstanding working environment in the heart of the City. Truly an employer who they offers their staff an opportunity to excel and achieve their professional objectives.
The Payroll Assistant provides support to the Payroll Coordinator by assisting with the day to day processing of a monthly and fortnightly payroll. He or she is responsible for providing assistance, support, and customer service to all London employees paid via UK and US Expat payroll.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
"Essential duties" are those that an individual must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation.
1. Processing new starters and leavers e.g. ensuring all P45’s and new starter checklist’s are received.
2. Perform data entry tasks in various payroll systems e.g. SD Worx
3. Maintains paper and electronic records and files according to the established firm and departmental policies and procedures. Maintains a computerised and paper/ manual information filing system.
4. Calculating salary adjustments and administering payments and deductions.
5. Observes confidentiality in all client, employee, and firm matters.
6. Assisting with the maintenance of payroll records through the firm’s payroll system SD Worx.
7. Ensuring PAYE/NIC payments are processed on time.
8. Assisting with year-end reporting procedures e.g. issuing P60’s and P11d’s.
9. Dealing with employee payroll queries.
10. Ensuring payroll is processed accurately and on time according to firm deadlines.
11. Liaise with the Global Benefits Coordinator to ensure the timely process of benefits payroll administration.
12. Proactively collating all HR payroll related information e.g. starters, leavers, maternity etc.
13. Drafting HR payroll related correspondence e.g. salary sacrifice letters, etc.
14. Updating the HR payroll submission spreadsheet with appropriate payroll actions.
15. Collating overtime data on a monthly basis.
16. Sorts, organises, and may open and distribute mail received by the Payroll team on a daily basis.
17. Pension auto enrollment processes.
18. Assists with special projects on various issues as needed.
19. Promotes effective work practices and works as a team member.
Please email your up to date CV stating your current salary, notice period & salary sought
Our aim is to respond to all successful applications within 5 days. If you haven't been contacted
within 5 days your application has been unsuccessful and your details will not be held further but we positively encourage you to apply for any other positions that you may see in the future.
We apologise that we cannot contact everybody in person but thank you in advance for your interest.
Adept Recruitment Ltd encourages applications from individuals of all ages & backgrounds.
Appointment will be made on merit alone but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK. Adept Recruitment Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment & an employment business for temporary recruitment as defined by the Conduct of Employment
Agencies & Employment Business Regulations 2003.
Adept Recruitment is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.