Interim Category Manager, Head Office Retail
Our client is an Airline retailer and they are looking for a category manager on an initial 6 month contract.
The role is available due to a busy time due to a new contract acquired. The role encompasses product innovation in the category as well as all aspects of category management from negotiating the supply of product, forecasting to the end of life of that product
- Product procurement including all aspects of supplier negotiation and contract management to optimum value; product specifications, marketing funds, stock forecasting, master data, rebates, returns policy etc
- Management of supplier product performance
- Defines merchandise needs for the category and develops marketing and pricing strategies to meet sales and margin objectives
- Accountable for financially driving the business by providing and acting upon sales analysis and market data, to meet established financial plans.
- Working closely with Retail Performance Analysts to monitor the performance of category and individual SKUs versus plan to achieve KPIs and take remedial action as required.
- Designing and developing products with customer
We are looking for someone with these qualities/experiences
- Head office retail experience
- Strong negotiating skills
- A proven track record in buying, merchandising or category management gained from working for a large retail/wholesale business.
The role is based in Luton, Bedfordshire and may involve some travel. Only short list candidates will be contacted