Store Manager - Full-Time - Wigton
Looking for a career in retail that's full of variety, where no two days are the same? Sound knowledge of retail management and a passion for leading and motivating a team? Appetite for a challenge, matched by a desire to learn and a passion to succeed?
Then you could be exactly what we're looking for! With full training provided, we will help you refine your commercial awareness, human resources and people management skills, and offer you an environment to stretch and extend yourself. In this multi-faceted role you really do get out what you put in, and in a fast-paced, growing business your career opportunities are endless.
Please note that your application will include three exercises, designed to provide us with a more in-depth understanding of you as a potential future leader with team Lidl. To find out more and even conduct a practice exercise, please feel free to visit the following website: http://getstarted.cut-e.com
The process will also include an interview and Lidl assessment day. We look forward to receiving your application!
What will you do?
- Manage a multi-million pound retail business unit with up to 50 employees
- Liaise regularly with your Area Manager on your store’s performance, KPIs and all aspects of your store’s day-to-day operations
- Lead, support and motivate the store team to hit performance targets and maintain our exceptional standards of customer service
- Carry out all aspects of HR management, including training and development
- Be responsible for managing cash and other daily administrative tasks
- Ensure our customers always get what they come for, whether it’s through effective ordering, stock management or something equally important
- Ensure the store is clean, both on the shop floor and behind the scenes
- Keep the store clear and ensure any potential hazards are dealt with quickly and efficiently
(Please note - Should you apply for this vacancy you will be considered for various opportunities within the area and not a specific store.)
What will you need?
- Exceptional leadership skills and the ability to motivate and support the development of the whole store team
- The willingness to go the extra mile for our customers
- Excellent people skills
- The drive to surpass expectations and targets
- A high degree of professionalism, especially when handling difficult situations
- A proactive approach to solving problems, and the ability to tackle any issues that arise
- The flexibility to work varying shift patterns
- A passion for working in a fast-paced, varied environment
- Lots of relevant experience, ideally in food retail or FMCG
What do we offer?
- £37,000 with the potential to earn up to £55,000*
- (47.5 hour working week over 5 days)
- Fully expensed company car including personal private mileage - Audi A4 or A3
- 30 days holiday per annum (including Bank Holidays) rising to 35 days after 2 years
- A contributory pension scheme
- 10% discount on all Lidl products, in all stores throughout the UK
- Access to corporate discounts on a range of products and services (including holidays, home and garden products, leisure activities and more)
- Initial training and on-going development from an experienced team member
- Brilliant opportunities to take on more responsibility and potential progression to Area Manager level (and beyond!)
*Subject to experience and inclusive of 10% London Weighting (non contractual) for employees working within the M25