Stocktake and Shop Audit Assistant
My Client, a dynamic retail business are looking for a Stocktake and Shop Audit Assistant
Their loss prevention department is seeking a compliance and stock assistant to join the team with the primary role of planning and completing shop stock takes and audits.
This is a mainly field based position (±60%) and would require time away from home with overnight stays covering the UK. When not away, you will be based at their head office in London and occasionally, you will be required to work a Sunday (3 or 4 per year).
Outside of their busy stock take and audit periods, there will be opportunity to get involved with project work including the development of loss prevention training materials.
The role will also allow the candidate to gain valuable experience within retail operations and month end accounts of the finance department.
Planning and supervision of shop and concession stock takes
* With over 130 shops and 54 and concessions throughout the UK and internationally, the planning and execution of thier stocktakes will be a priority function and requires excellent organisational skills and the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders.
* Maintain a good relationship with the third party stock taking company who perform the majority of the concession counts.
* Produce detailed stock loss variance reports for the shop teams, area mangers and department heads.
* To investigate high levels of loss and provide recommendation and guidance on cause and impact.
Conducting Shop Audits
* The shop audit programme was launched in 2016 and includes cash and banking and health and safety elements and is required to be conducted alongside our shop stock takes.
* Accurately and honestly complete shop audits.
* Produce monthly summary reports for our area and senior managers.
* Offer guidance on failed responses and support where necessary.Complete and maintain general stock administration duties
* To complete daily and weekly stock administration tasks.
* Produce weekly stock movement reports for various department
* Complete ad hoc stock adjustments as and when required.
Successful candidate will demonstrate the following experience, skills and behaviours:
* Self-reliant. Able to plan stock takes and shop audit and arrange travel and accommodation.
* A well-disciplined person who is able to focus on the priorities with little supervision.
* Strong communication skills are essential. You must be confident and self-motivated.
* You will need to be adaptive and able to respond to varying situations
* Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
* Provide constructive information at all levels of management.
* Retail experience (preferred).
* IT skills - Intermediate-Advanced Excel skills.
* Resilience - the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines in a fast based retail environment.
* Relationship building - being able to develop effective relationships that help drive business success.
* Possess a full, clean driver's licence