Womenswear fashion designer
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our dynamic design team as a designer, specialising in occasionwear.
Yumi International was originally branded as Uttam London and was founded by Uttam and Clare Nepal in the early 1990's and the brand has enjoyed considerable growth.
We believe our Womenswear and Girlswear collections, our stores and our teams have their own unique personalities that reflect the Yumi customer, who, like us, loves to make fashion fun.
The job tasks include the following and is a necessity that you have experience in them all:-
- Responsible for managing the design process from conception through to final styling for assigned product category following the critical path timeline.
- Responsible for researching markets in order to identify new trends, fabrics and shapes.
- Work with Garment technologist to ensure that the design packages are complete and accurate.
- Ensure that the product is consistent with market trends, as well as business strategy; interprets international and domestic concepts and fashion trends as it relates to market demands and company image.
- Conducts fit sessions.
- Manage oversea communications in regards of responsible product area.
- Travel internationally as needed for shopping and development of samples.
- Ensure product is being designed with cost parameters.
- Create design technical packages for factories and development teams.
- Partner with designers in other category areas to achieve consistency in product.
- Assist in creating colour palettes and concepts for seasonal collections.
- Co-ordinate and arrange flat shots per season