Junior Ecommerce Manager
My client is a large retail complex hosting some of the nation's favourite homeware brands. It is the North's leading destination for furniture and home accessories. They are passionate about the customer experience and providing an extensive and inspirational design-led choice from over forty retail concessions which feature many of the globe's leading interiors brands.
They are now looking to develop an immersive e-commerce website, which will be fundamental to the on-going growth of their business model. Broadly based on an Amazon-style platform, the site will present a curated collection of furniture, design, accessories, art, cookware and gifts from each their clients concessions, which will allow the customer to purchase multiple products via a single basket checkout. The website will also feature current, relevant editorial content produced in collaboration with many of the leading brands and designers found in the complex. Their objective is to deliver the same exceptional level of customer experience that they offer in store and create a seamless online customer journey.
My client are now recruiting a Junior Ecommerce Manager to be involved in the development and build stage of this project and then to subsequently manage and oversee the web site and all online sales, with the assistance of the external web developers and in-house Marketing team
The successful candidate will be confident, self-motivated and proactive, with previous experience in a fast-paced, retail environment. The role will include:
- SEO / Web Optimisation
- Liaising with Concession Head Offices and their on-line teams to initially integrate their products and then on a day to day basis
- Maintenance and updating of all product information, images and content on the website
- Customer service liaison in store and online
- Website footfall and data analysis
Reporting to Redbrick Management/Board of Directors, the successful applicant will need to demonstrate:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Understanding of online/e commerce sites·
- Knowledge of website CMS (preferably Magento) is important although full training will be provided
- Excellent computer skills, including use of Word and Excel. Knowledge of photo editing software such a Photoshop would also be useful, however not essential
- Understanding of website data analytics and its application
Previous experience in a retail ecommerce environment is essential. This a full time, permanent position, five days per week. Some weekend/bank holiday work may be required.
This is a unique opportunity to be involved in the development and evolution of this exciting and innovative new online project.