IT Support Assistant
We are looking to recruit an IT Support Assistant who will provide support on all aspects of the business' systems and infrastructure. This is an opportunity for an experienced IT Support Assistant/technician or a recent graduate to join a small dynamic, and forward thinking team committed to enhancing the Company’s proud reputation for being a market-leading specialist in crowd management and event security with an international reputation for excellence.
You will be responsible for:
- Working within a small agile IT Team, to provide effective IT support to the business users.
- Support all internal Desktops/Laptops/Servers throughout the company.
- Support to all internal fixed and mobile phones, photocopiers and printers.
- Ability to work with external third parties on change and issue resolution.
We require the following skills and experiences:
- Educated to degree level in computer science or similar.
- Previous experience working in an ITIL Service Desk environment in a medium size business environment would be desirable.
- A proactive attitude with the ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Innovative mindset, to be able to "think outside the box"
- Have a good understanding of PC/Server hardware and software applications - Lenovo/Dell environment, standard Microsoft stack including Windows 7, 10 and Server 2012 and Microsoft Office 365.
- Experience of working with Amazon Virtual Private Cloud services.
- Experience of working with asset management systems like Samanage.
- Experience of SQL Server reporting.
- To have a good understanding of Networking protocols, in a managed service network environment.
- To have a good understanding of VoIP Telephony Systems, including Cisco Call Manager and Five9 Cloud Contact Centre.
- Able to write good end-user documentation, and be proactive in keeping it up to date
The IT department is based at the Showsec Head Office by the historic New Walk in Leicester City Centre. Conveniently located in walking distance of Leicester Train Station and the main shopping areas, Showsec’s offices offer a vibrant working environment to a number of head office roles.
- 37.5 hours per week (fixed term contract for 6 months)
- Salary of £22,000-24,480.00 per annum
- 24 days holiday + 8 days public holiday (Pro rata for 6 months)
Showsec specialise in Crowd Management and Event Security. We are dedicated to creating safe event environments while delivering the higheststandards of service.
Based on core commitments to safety and customer service our team of skilled professionals have serviced thousands of events at over 450 venues, managing the safety of over 25 million people at venues, sports, concerts, festivals and public events each year.
Closing date for applications is 1st May 2017