IT Support Engineer (W7-10, O365, Office 2016, AD, Exchange)
IT Support Engineer (Windows 7-10, O365, Office 2016, AD, Exchange)
We are currently seeking IT Support Engineers for permanent opportunities with an International Market Leading organisation based in Chiswick, West London. (Windows 7-10, O365, Office 2016, AD, Exchange).
The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge and understanding of:
- Microsoft Windows 7, Windows 10 desktops and laptops
- Microsoft Office 2013, 2016 productivity software
- Microsoft Active Directory, Office 365, Exchange Server and Windows Server
- Mobile phone devices (iOS, Android)
- Windows VPN, Mac VPN Configuration and Administration
- Mac OSX installation and configuration as well as Office for Mac
- Various printers, scanners, some fax services
- Polycom Video Conferencing Administration
- Enterprise Level AV Administration and Support
- Enterprise Level Backup Systems and Support
- Exposure to Telecoms systems such as Avaya and Shoretel
The Technology Department is responsible for the operation and support of all IT systems within the company. The IT Support Engineer plays a critical role by directly supporting all team members, providing timely and quality desktop hardware, software and mobile device troubleshooting, employing a high degree of customer service, technical expertise and responsiveness.
General responsibilities and duties
- Monitor Helpdesk system for inbound issues
- Handle immediate need activities such as video conferencing setups, new employees joining and office reconfigurations
- Ensure all issues are logged and documented in the Helpdesk system
- Assess issues quickly and professionally, and take steps to resolve
- When resolution is complete, document cause and resolution then close Helpdesk incident
- Escalate and refer unresolved issues to other team members or Level 2 when appropriate
- Deal with remote problems
Additional responsibilities and duties when necessary
- Administer Windows user accounts in Active Directory
- Set up and support mobile devices
- Set up and support desktop telecommunications terminals (phones, voicemail services and inbound routing)
- Perform basic server administration (power cycle, troubleshooting connectivity issues)
- Manage the network connectivity (patch cables, switch and router infrastructure)
- Ensure a high degree of information security through password controls, prompt termination and activation of users etc.
- Support internally developed software suite, including assisting in QA process
- Manage and maintain Anti-Virus Endpoint Estate
The ideal candidate will possess a phenomenal team player attitude, tenacity to occasionally contribute to urgent issues outside normal work hours. They will be unflappable and flexible, understanding the importance of excellent service and absolute discretion.
The ideal candidate will also ideally have:
- 1-4 years experience in a front-line IT support role, preferably in a professional services or entertainment organization
- Highly motivated and energetic with excellent communication skills and who can integrate well at all levels
- A strong ability to remain focused with a hardworking, professional and flexible attitude while multi- tasking at an extremely fast pace
- A strong work ethic and the ability to work well under pressure.
- Maintain complete confidentiality and discretion at all times.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and the ability to effectively and efficiently document user questions, issues, and requests
- Enough experience to recognize and recommend changes to support procedures and user guidance as part of an ongoing improvement.
- Excellent organizational skills and great attention to detail.
- Microsoft Certifications are highly desirable, however not essential.