DevOps Engineer for successful automotive company. An experienced DevOps engineer is required to control the development environment and release cycles for a rapidly expanding business.
This is a broad role and the right character is going to go a long way along with a keen interest in product development and automation of systems. They are fully prepared to offer training and with the right aptitude will invest in increasing your skills.
Enthusiasm and effective communication skills are absolutely essential for this position.
The successful DevOps Engineer will:
- Work closely with the software development teams across the organisation
- Work closely with software QA function.
- Design and build best-in-class software build and release infrastructure.
- Architect scalable systems that grow with the expansion of the development organisation.
- Identifying the best software products for the job and maintaining existing tools.
- Automating development activities and process using software tools and scripting languages.
- Creating and maintaining product configuration management and software build environment
- Creating and releasing product and software releases, including automating the release process and metrics
- Defining, tracking and reporting product status over the entire product development lifecycle
- Planning and estimating DevOps activities with project managers and project teams
The DevOps Engineer will likely have come from a technical background and will have experience across some of the following areas:
- Experience with automation using scripting and OO programming language and tools. (JIRA, Jenkins, Python and C#)
- Experience with configuration management
- Experience with SQL or similar database technologies
- Knowledge of IT systems and IT best practices
Desirable experience and skills:
- Other high level programming languages such as C+, C++ etc.
- Other scripting languages such as PHP, Perl, Ruby, TCL
- Integration, ETL and analytic tools such as Alteryx and Tableau
The DevOps Engineer is paying up to £55K but they would be happy to consider more junior candidates who have the right level of enthusiasm and ability to learn.
The role is based in Gateshead easily commutable from Newcastle, Sunderland and surrounding area.