IT Asset and Configuration Manager
About The Role
We are looking for an Asset and Configuration Manager who will be working within an ITIL Framework. The role will be accountable for the efficient end-to-end delivery of Asset and Configuration Management across IT, ensuring effective creation, maintenance and management of the (Configuration Management Data Base) CMDB and (Content Management System) CMS tools including :
- Definition, Creation and Implementation of effective processes and controls for Asset and Configuration Management.
- Maintains the governance of policies, processes and procedures for Asset and Configuration Management.
- Ensures the CMS is definitive, up-to-date and the correct source for all IT Infrastructure hardware and applications.
- Ensures a complete inventory of assets and records who is responsible for their control. It includes full lifecycle management of IT and service assets, from the point of acquisition through maintenance to disposal.
Develops and promotes the value of Asset and Configuration Management across IT to leverage operational benefit and ensure compliance.
Monitors and reports on the Asset and Configuration Management effectiveness and efficiency and recommends improvements as part of a continual service improvement programme.
Influences stakeholders in managing expectations and challenging requirements if these do not meet the defined standards and governance.
- ITIL foundation v3 plus other relevant ITIL intermediate level qualifications
- Previous experience of setting up a Configuration Management/Asset Management Process
- Operational experience of Asset and Configuration Management and toolsets (preferably ServiceNow)
- Awareness of service improvement methodologies to expand scope of Asset and Configuration processes
About The Company
IT at the Coventry is changing; we are currently undertaking an exciting transformation project that will shape the future of the organisation. As we progress on our journey we are seeking talented individuals who are passionate about delivering an outstanding experience for both members and colleagues in an environment where you will have the opportunity to be part of the future success of the organisation and work in an environment where personal and professional development is taken seriously.