Indirect Buyer - Central Watford - Competitive salary - 6 Month fixed term contract - Immediate Start
Hays are excited to be working in partnership with a leading Watford employer.
Our client are looking for an Indirect Buyer to assist the Indirect Category Specialist with day-to-day purchasing processes and procedures, across a variety of indirect materials and services. You will have prior experience within a purchasing department, have fantastic communication skills and be attentive to detail.
SAP/ERP experience and European language skills would be highly advantageous.
Duties as follows:
- Manage the Procurement processes according to Management Guidelines and in compliance with the purchasing policy: From RFQ, PO processing, to delivery & invoicing.
- Using the Purchase Request sent by internal customers, carry out & deliver Purchase orders - checking section codes, delivery & payment terms etc.
- Support with negotiations during RFQ process
- Conduct supplier evaluations and consolidate suppliers across Indirect categories
- Stakeholder management
- Ensure regular reporting on Indirect Spend
- Being a key point of contact for Indirect purchasing, for all business functions on site
- Monitor and enforce purchasing approval matrix
- Support the Indirect Category Specialist with audits for Indirect materials & services
- Escalate issues to the relevant stakeholder or Buyer and report non conformity
- Settlement of disputes where applicable
- Identify business needs and project opportunities
To achieve this you will have:
- Experience within a purchasing function, ideally covering Indirect spend
- Proficient SAP / ERP and Excel user
- Excellent written and spoken English, with additional European language skills a plus
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix multicultural environment
- CIPS qualifications or Bachelor Degree are desirable, but not essential
This is an exciting time to join our client who offer a world of career opportunities and will provide you with the training and development you need to succeed in your career. In return they are offering a competitive salary and benefits package.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.