National Sales Manager
National Sales Manager
£37,000 - £47,000 + OTE
Permanent - Full Time
Location - National coverage ideally based within the West Midlands area.
I am currently recruiting on behalf of a well-established industrial consumables suppliers based within the Black Country area. This role is perfect for a tenacious, career driven individual with a managerial background from the same/similar industry. This individual will be responsible for a substantial client base and a team of 5 external area sales managers.
- Establish, in co-ordination with the Sales Director, both market and target customer strategies for the Company
- Establish both annual and monthly sales objectives in co-ordination with the Company's business and pipeline plan
- Provide regular reports as required by the management team
- Provide quotes for customers to achieve agreed financial targets (Sales and Margin)
- Grow the value of existing customers by constantly seeking opportunities to extend volume, range and own brand offering
- Liaise with purchasing to develop joint approaches to major prospect customers
- Prospect new customers and regain lost business
- Project manage tender process involving all relevant areas of the business to ensure tender is financially viable and commercial risk is minimised
- Recruit, induct, train, and retain staff of the required number and calibre
- Continuously assess direct reports against identified performance criteria
- Identify and address issues of performance and conduct within the team and deal with these by applying HR Policies
- Work with Account Executives on all aspects of the sales process. Make coaching sales calls with Field Sales Executives/ Business Development Managers to provide feedback, and to assist with large opportunities. Travels extensively to meet customers and to coach Field Sales Executives/Business Development Managers in the field.
- Ensure all training requirements are met and regularly reviewed
To be considered for this role you will need to have the following skills/competencies:
- Have worked in the same if not similar industry.
- Have the ability to drives, motivate and develop a sales team.
- Proven new business sales track record.
- Hold a Full UK driving license.
- Located within the West Midlands or surrounding areas.
- Successful management of sales functions
- Substantial experience as a Sales Manager and managing staff