Our client requires an ambitious accounts senior to join the team. Someone who has the desire to develop client relationships, has a good grounding of technical knowledge and wanting to progress their career.
Our Client are a leading firm of Chartered Accountants Based in Cheltenham. They are continually increasing their client base, and are always wanting to attract the best accountants to provide the excellent service to their clients. Our client offer excellent development and training to allow their colleagues to achieve the best.
The responsibilities for this Accounts Senior based in Cheltenham are:
- Coach and supervise junior members of staff, providing support where required.
- Plan and coordinate workflow.
- Prepare trade tax and personal computations.
- Prepare a list of matters to be resolved to complete assignments.
- Contact clients to obtain records and provide explanations in respect of queries in accounts.
- Present final draft documents for client meetings with Client Director / Partner.
- Demonstrate knowledge of PAYE, NI and VAT in common situations.
- Identify research and resolve technical issues.
- Identify specialist areas of technical knowledge for future development.
- Comply with Firm's CPD requirements.
- Review tax and accounts prepared by junior staff.
- Hold client meetings with smaller business clients.
- Identify tax planning and other opportunities for the client.
- Identify specialist technical issues and seek appropriate guidance from within the firm.
- Develop chosen areas of specialist knowledge and assist colleagues in these areas.
For this Accounts Senior role, candidates must have experience in:
- Accounts preparation for LTD companies, Partnerships, Sole Traders
- Client engagement responsibilities, presenting client accounts, resolving any issues
- Reviewing junior colleagues work, suggesting amendments,
- Production of Corporate Tax Computations
- Providing some tax planning advice
- Good communication skills
- Desire to learn, develop and progress.
£24,000 - £32,000 (Experience Depending)
Very competitive benefits package
Continuous development and training
Friendly working environment
On site parking