Job Title: Investment Administrator
Salary: £18-23K DOE
Type of Contract: 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Our Financial Services client currently has a full time opportunity available for an Investment Administrator to join them on a 12 Month Fixed Term Contract.
The job holder will be part of a team and will have responsibility which may include control of day to day administration processes, risk management, query resolution, staff support, continual improvement and maintenance of customer and supplier relationships.
- Technical competence in all aspects of own function and appreciation of all other Investment Administration Functions. To include an awareness of Industry best practice in own function and a comprehension of current Investment Administration Industry initiatives.
- Take ownership to control Operational processes in accordance with procedures and service standards.
- Responsible for queries resolution within own team to the required level, being accountable for service provided and timely communication.
- Competent in the use of Investment and Corporate systems relevant to own role and awareness of company Investment systems and contingency practices.
Control & Governance:
- Good understanding of Risk Management Framework (RMF) and Financial Control Initiative (FCI) within functional area and knowledge of control points or mechanisms to support the department's commitment to a strong 1st line of defence (LOD).
- Ensure the escalation of issues and risk events while contributing to solutions and recommendation to mitigate risk
- Carry out root cause analysis work to establish trends, identify process improvement ideas.
- Understanding of team's exceptional or contingency practices ensuring invocation is implemented without compromising standards.
- Support the company customer principles by escalating any issues identified through day-to-day work which might result in treating customers unfairly.
- Awareness of FSA regulations applicable to Investment Administration.
- Appreciation of teams Business Continuity (BCP) plans, corporate levels of disaster and critical staff. Able to support own team in testing or during an incident.
- Responsible for undertaking corporate training packages to ensure own knowledge is up to date with reference to anti-money laundering, FCI and Financial Crime rules etc.
- Use existing team procedures and user guides to provide training and mentoring to staff members within team. Providing overviews to colleagues or external parties as required.
- To provide cover within own teams in contingency situations or during peak working times.
- Understanding of customers and suppliers needs and expected team service as defined within service level agreements
- Accountable for maintenance of daily relationships with key customers and suppliers.
- Awareness of TCF principals and impact on end customer within team responsibility. Able to undertake actions as defined within TCF action plans.
- Knowledge of team KPI's and service standards. Able to report on team's monthly service and provide input to action plans to make recommendation for solutions.
- Strong understanding of all Investment Administration functions
- Appreciation of Industry 'best practice' particularly with reference to own team
- High level awareness of current Investment Administration Industry initiatives
- Good understanding of our client's risk reporting methods and associated polices
- In-depth knowledge of Investment Administration system
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Awareness of FSA Regulatory impacts and reporting requirements
- 5 GCSE's Grade C or above to include Maths and English and/or NVQ Level 1 - or equivalent
- Either previous Investment Administration experience within financial services environment or educated to A level standard
- Experience of working in an Investment Administration environment
- Working knowledge of MS Office products, in particular MS Excel
- Will hold an industry recognised professional qualification (IOC/CF1)
Please also attach a covering letter explaining why you are well suited to the role you are applying for.
We receive a high number of applications on a daily basis so we can only respond to successful applications. If you do not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has not been taken forward on this occasion. We may contact you in the future about other suitable positions.
Our full equal opportunities policy can be viewed here: http://equal-opportunities/