Ramada Hotel General Manager - Vacancies available across the UK - up to £45,000 per annum
Jobs and Careers. Made at Welcome Break.
Ramada is a leading Hotel chain across the world and we are proud to have this fabulous brand across Welcome Break. We are recruiting now General Managers in various locations across the UK to work closely with the Ramada Brand Manager.
About the role.
As a Hotel General Manager your job is to make sure that our guests and team are kept safe at all times. We want you to ensure that guests have such a great stay that they want to return. As a people leader you will ensure that your team are motivated, engaged and see Ramada as a great place to work. As with any role, delivering results is essential, you must optimise business performance through the effective management and leadership, this is achieved by leading developing and inspiring your team to drive the business, helping the Hotel to achieve profitable sales growth.
Main Responsibilities for the role.
Within the Hotel
- Managing all costs within budget in particular payroll, laundry, commissions and key operational costs
- Inputting forecast and target payroll hours into the people system and ensuring that rotas are planned and communicated effectively
- Raising with the Regional Manager when further equipment of expenditure is required above budgeted costs
- Working with revenue managers & sales team to ensure the hotel maximises sales opportunities, providing insight and intelligence into any local events
- Maximising food and beverage sales by cross and up selling
- Ensuring the team follow all company cash handling policies and procedures and they are carrying out accurate reconciliation
- Ensuring the hotel is operating to brand standards
- Walking the guest journey twice a day, taking action to resolve issues where necessary
- Ensure all maintenance jobs are logged promptly and work closely with Maintenance Manger to ensure issues are resolved quickly
- Keeping team and guests safe by ensuring the hotel meets its legislative requirements
- Making sure your team follow and comply standard work and processes across all areas of the hotel
- Ensure that public area cleaning is completed
- Support other hotels within reasonable proximity when required
Within the Team
- Retaining your team through engaging and motivating them
- Operating your hotel in a way that promotes equality, diversity and inclusion
- Recruiting and inducting team members to provide new starters with a great experience and setting them up for success
- Ensuring the team feel valued and cared about
- Training and developing your team to make sure that there are always talented individuals ready to fill key roles
- Supporting your team’s success by setting objectives and conducting regular performance and development reviews with all team members
- Holding daily huddle meetings with team members to ensure that they are focused on the right activities need to deliver quality and a great guest experience
- Celebrating and recognising success within your hotel so that people feel motivated to achieve
- Role modelling our values and behaviours, creating a positive, inclusive environment where information flow is two way and people feel respected and listened to
- Ensuring the team are set up for success providing them with the tools, equipment and training required to do the job
- Treating your team in a respectful way as you would expect to be treated yourself
- Creating rotas in accordance with company procedure, flexing your resources in line with occupancy when required to do so
- Attending and contributing constructively at monthly Regional meetings
- Role model and support your team by working regular shifts across all departments during peak trading times
With Your Guests
- Delivering fantastic service so guests have a great stay and want to return
- Review guest feedback and insight reports to create action plans that will improve the guest experience
- Delivering food and beverage services to brand standards
- Anticipating any problems that may occur and put proactive fixes in place
- When problems do occur take ownership to resolve problems and empower the team to do the same
- Ensuring the hotel is safe and secure putting the health and safety of team and guests at the forefront of what you do.
Critical Competencies / Skills Required
- Strong Leader Skills
- Strong Customer Service Skills
- Strong communication skills
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- Driving excellence in sales and service
- High levels of numeracy
- Branded Hotel Environment
- Has high levels of energy
- Can energise and influence others
- Can make the tough calls and challenges the norm
- Is obviously passionate about their role
- Gets things executed and done - "Can Do!"
- High integrity
- Resourceful & a Self-Starter
Sound like you?
Then apply now to enjoy a competitive salary with a fabulous and achievable bonus scheme, based around delivering on business measures, benefits like subsidised meals, up to 50% discount on food and retail on site, discounted hotel rooms, enrolment into our fabulous employee discount scheme My Welcome Break, 28 days holiday and enrolment into our company pension, as well as great career development opportunities.
This is a permanent contract of full time 40 hours over 5 shifts per week working shifts, across a 7 day operation. Ideally applicants will be flexible to work a range of shifts. Please note due to required working shift patterns applicants must be over 18.
Basic salary up to £45,000 per annum, plus bonus.