Group Finance Manager
I am looking for a Dynamic Finance Manager to join this large forward thinking manufacturing business. They are looking to recruit a Finance Manager who has strong technical accounting experience and a desire to join a progressive company that values it's people. The ideal Finance Manager will be fully qualified with experience of working in a group role within a large organisation or may be a 1st or 2nd mover from Practice.
This role is based in the heart of Telford and offers a great opportunity to become part of a high performing team where retention of people has always been high on the priority list.
The successful Finance Manager will be working for a highly profitable manufacturing business and will look after a T/O of approx. £250 million. The company always promote from within and offer career progression which is why this role has become vacant. This role will give the Finance Manager exposure to a very interesting business where you will take accountability for the numbers.
As the Group Finance Manager you will continually improve and enhance the quality of the financial reporting across the sites you look after. A key element of the role will be to proactively manage and strive to improve all aspects of the internal and external reporting processes whilst adhering to, and evolving the compliance framework. You will successfully manage key relationships with operations and senior management and will manage a small team.
- Financial management of the Group Office division using their ERP system, including preparation of all monthly management information, quarterly forecasting, annual budgeting, submissions to group, and uploads into the consolidation system
- Monthly cost centre reviews supporting each departmental budget holder monitor performance against budget
- Responsible for divisional cash reporting and VAT return submission
- Preparation of weekly group consolidated "Flash" reports
- Carrying out the monthly consolidation for the group, and intercompany recharge and reconciliation process
- Preparation of monthly/quarterly/annual subgroup reports and analysis and supporting the group quarterly forecasting process
- Supporting group systems and reporting model development
- Manage and mentor a Assistant Accountant
What are they looking for?
As the Group Finance Manager you will be:
- A sense of humour and a team player
- A fully qualified accountant
- Experience of group consolidations would be advantageous
- Experience of group reporting within a global framework and delivering to deadlines would also be advantageous
- A strong and proficient user of Microsoft Excel/Office
The following benefits package is available to the Group Finance Manager:
- Base salary between £50k - £55k
- Early finish on a Friday (who wouldn't want an early finish on a Friday)
- Great team to work with and learn from