Investment Accountant - Initial Fixed Term Contract
£36,444 - £45,554 + Excellent Benefits
Based Wythall, South Birmingham (B47)
12 Month Fixed Term Contract
This 12 month employed contract plays an active role in the preparation and delivery of high quality and timely investment information, for allocated funds to support our financial and regulatory returns.
As Investment Accountant, you’ll work closely with the Senior Investment Accountant to ensure the integrity of all Investment accounting information in the general ledger and produce analytical review packs for all allocated funds. In addition, you’ll produce half-year and year-end IFRS statutory Reporting notes and adhoc tasks.
We’ll expect you to be able to communicate effectively with our 3rd party outsourcers and other business areas (including fund accounting and financial reporting) to ensure the timely delivery of month end accounting packs, resolution of issues, and reconciliation of outstanding items and make process improvements/fixes to eradicate root causes.
We are looking for the successful candidate to:
- Be a newly qualified or qualified by experience Accountant
- Have experience of working within an accounting function of a Financial Services company - Investment experience would be useful
- Have advanced Excel skills
- Have a good working knowledge of accounting systems (General ledger and ICON)
- Have a can do attitude
- Manage workload effectively and ideally have proven day to day supervisory experience
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to influence and get things done
- Accurately carry out processes and work independently and part of a team
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of Britain’s Top Employers and the UK's largest specialist consolidator of closed life assurance funds. Phoenix is a member of the FTSE 250 index with a premium listing on the LSE, 6.1 million policyholders and assets under management of £74 billion, including the newly acquired Abbey Life, AXA Wealth and SunLife businesses.
To apply online, simply click the Apply button and you’ll be redirected to our careers website.
N.B. When on the Phoenix Careers site, first time visitors will be asked to register before applying.
Closing date: Midday, Tuesday 18th April 2017.