LCJ Education are working directly with the heads of a new group of schools based central from Sunderland, South Shields & Newcastle.
This position will start in September 2017.
They are a unique SEMH provision following a therapeutic, humanistic approach to education and childhood development.
Their goal is to ensure that vulnerable SEMH children stay within an educational setting or return from home education before eventually returning to mainstream or specialist provision’s as quickly as possible.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
• To achieve the highest possible levels of progress and achievement for all pupils.
• To support the Senior Leadership Team in creating lasting improvement in the quality of provision through supporting on teaching, learning and assessment with professionalism and high expectations.
• To develop systems to ensure all key performance indicators are able to be measured appropriately on a regular basis.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOB HOLDER:
To contribute to the development and improvement of academy life for all pupils through effective support of teaching, learning and assessment.
Main Responsibilities of Role
1. To take a lead role in delivering learning activities to individuals and groups of pupils under an agreed system of supervision
2. To make a significant contribution to the planning and preparation of learning activities for specified individuals or groups
3. To provide the relevant teacher(s) with appropriate feedback and reports on pupil achievement, progress and development
4. To contribute to effective team practice by attending and participating in planned in-service training as appropriate
5. To promote the inclusion of all pupils within the classroom and being aware of different pupil’s specific needs.
6. To understand and respond positively to the physical, emotional and /or behavioural need of pupils and to encourage participation and independence
7. To promote and reinforce Academy policies, practices and procedures, including an understanding of child protection and health and safety responsibilities
8. To participate in multi-agency meetings when required
9. To liaise with parents/ carers as point of contact for learning support/ welfare issues
Contacts & Relationships
1. To work in partnership with both internal and external staff/ agencies to support the Teaching, learning and Assessment of the pupils.
2. To work with the development plan and any other academy wide plans as directed.
3. To attend team meetings and participate in activities that support the senior leadership team in the maintenance of teaching, learning and assessment.
4. To assist and support other members of staff to ensure the smooth running of the academy including involvement in offsite activities.
1. To work as directed by the Executive Headteacher.
2. To carry out the duties and responsibilities of the post in accordance with our policies and relevant to health and safety guidance and legislation.
3. To use IT systems as required to carry out duties of the post in the most effective manner.
4. To participate in performance management and undertake training and professional development as appropriate.
5. To undertake other duties appropriate to the post that may reasonably be required by SLT.
6. To ensure that all services within the areas of responsibility are provided in accordance with our commitment to high quality provision.
7. At all times carry out the responsibilities of the post with regard to the Equal opportunity policies.
8. Attend school-based meetings and complete relevant administrative tasks.
9. Undertake any other duties commensurate with the level of the post, as required to ensure the efficient and effective running.
10. Be physically fit and prepared to undertake positive handling training with all staff as required by the SLT.
11. Be prepared to use, and support other staff, using positive handling techniques as a last resort in conflict management.
The scope of this profile reflects the needs of the academy at the present time; it is not intended to be a fully inclusive or exhaustive list. The post holder may therefore be expected to work flexibly and perform such other duties other than those given in the job description.
The particular duties and responsibilities attached to the post may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed. The profile will be subject to continuous review as the needs and requirements of the academy change over time.
Interviews are immediate so please send your CV details over ASAP or feel free to give us a call for further details.
It is very important that applicants understand that this role requires a formal qualification that is recognised in the UK.
Due to sheer volumes of applications, we are unable to respond to applicants that do not meet the qualification requirements - if you would like to discuss your qualifications before application please contact a member of the LCJ Education team.
Please note that if you have applied and we have not contacted you within 5 working days, it is fair to assume that due to a number of possible reasons your application will not be pursued further in this instance.