We are looking for a Building Physicist to work in the Sustainability Department to provide technical design, guidance and functional support on Design & Engineering projects; based at our Head Office in York this role will support our Sustainability Lead, with possible travel to Europe.
Preferably with experience delivering sustainability or building physics projects using various design and analysis methods.
Portakabin Group is Europe's market-leading modular building innovator, employing more than 1,600 colleagues across seven countries with a turnover of £224m.
Producing some of the most advanced building systems available, Portakabin buildings are available to purchase through a national UK sales network and for hire through 50 local hire centres throughout the UK.
The Group has the capabilities to deliver building solutions for almost any application – from a single classroom to a multi-storey office complex, contractors’ site accommodation and complete hospital facilities.
The ideal candidate will have experience of delivering Carbon Lifecycle, Building Energy Analysis or Environmental & Sustainability Performance Assessments (e.g. BREEAM & LEED); and will be preferably working towards AP status.
The following skills and qualifications are essential for this position:
- Ability to deliver sustainability & building physics projects using various design and analysis methods.
- Technically competent in the use of Building Physics software (IES VE or similar)
- Able to demonstrate the ability to communicate ideas and solutions verbally and through formal reporting.
Desirable but not essential:
- Delivery of BREEAM / LEED Assessments
- Delivery of M&E engineering solutions and project support
- Fluency in European Language(s) preferably French and German.
- CEng or working towards
- MCIBSE / Inst. of Physics or Graduate
- NDEA / LCC / LCEA
About the Role
Responsibilities include however not limited to:
- Deliver sustainability and building physics related technical input/output on building projects to all relevant stakeholders both within and outside of the business as necessary.
- Provide support in the development & delivery of Environmental & Sustainability Performance Assessments (e.g. BREEAM & LEED) & Carbon Lifecycle / Footprint analysis skills within the D&E department.
- Support the Sustainability Lead by autonomously providing appropriate design guidance and project deliverables to the wider D&E team as well as Sales & Hire Business Development teams if and when necessary.
- Use and develop technical knowledge and understanding of existing, new and emerging technologies and sustainable design good practice.
- Provide guidance and support to the European Design & Engineering Team in terms of EPBD compliance certification.
- Work as part of a wider Central Design and Engineering team supporting group production and project delivery.
The salary for this position ranges from £25,000 to £30,000, dependent on skills and experience plus a discretionary bonus of 5% for on target performance.
We offer a wide range of other benefits covering health and wellbeing, discounted cycles and shopping vouchers. Full time employees can also buy up to 5 days holiday to complement the basic entitlement of 24 days (part-time pro-rated).
Please note that once you click Apply Now you will be directed back to the Portakabin site where you will be asked to confirm your contact details before your application is complete.
If you're interested in this position please apply as soon as possible, if we receive a high number of applications we may end this advert early.