LNG Trading Operator
Our client is an established Energy and Commodity Trading business based in Central London. This is a Front Office base role, which requires LNG Operations experience in relation to LNG Cargo operations.
- Primary responsibility isLNG cargo operations, managing all aspects of cargo operations from trade inception to completion, which typically include:
- Liaising with counterpart operators on cargo operational requirements as set out in deal contract e.g. nominations (ships, delivery window, demurrage etc.); vessel and terminal clearances; quality and quantity of delivery; cargo invoices etc.
- Internal stakeholder liaison in relation to cargo operations e.g. liaising with legal, treasury, settlements, shipping etc. functions as necessary for exertion of all cargo operational matters.
- Reviewing cargo operations in clauses in LNG MSA’s and CN’s to ensure accuracy of terms captured in relevant documents
- Work closely with LNG trading team and Shipping department.
- Work independently in handling varied and complex operational issues.
- Appoint approved inspectors as required.
- Ensure cargo loading and discharging adhere to any credit or L/C requirements.
- Accurately update the relevant trading system in a timely fashion.
- Check all calculations relating to the trade (product, inspectors, cargo, superintendents, gains/ losses, insurance and additives). Make or assist in claims where necessary.
- Maintain accurate records of each cargo including prompt and accurate filing.
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred (or equivalent)
- Extensive work based experience in LNG commercial operations role in relation to LNG cargo operations.
- Requires frequent afterhours and weekend work to complete operational tasks. This is often done from home.
- Teamwork - Fosters ethical business relationships with customers, suppliers and co-workers. Works effectively with peers, customers and management. Maintains a positive attitude.
- Communication- Clearly presents thoughts and ideas, both orally and in writing.
- Organisation - Exhibits highly organised approach to detailed work. Maintains accurate and effective files.
- Multi-Tasking abilities - Proactively manages multiple, time sensitive tasks simultaneously and under pressure.
- Analytical/problem solving - Thinks and manages problems and tasks through to completion. Evaluates and understands financial impact of decisions/activities.
- Knowledge and experience in IT including Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word.