A professional services business are recruiting a Junior Buyer to work closely with suppliers and customers. Applicants need experience working in a commercial function, relationship building schools, and be of graduate calibre.
The Junior Buyer will work closely with customers and suppliers, to ensure mutually beneficial business relationships. The Junior Buyer will be responsible for matching the most suited supplier, to client needs.
Specific duties of the Junior Buyer include:
1. Market Intelligence / Research activities to highlight prospective suppliers
2. Engage with suppliers to understand their capabilities, offerings and capacity.
3. Develop relationships with customers and suppliers
4. Monitor supplier performance and generate reports re: this
5. Prepare, dispatch & track supplier contract documentation; file, maintain & manage return information.
6. Arrange supplier / customer meetings
7. Manage customer relationships
Junior Buyer applicants should meet the following criteria:
1. Ability to build relationships with customers and suppliers
2. Exposure to a; Commercial, Customer Service, Legal, or "B2B" environment
3. Desire to build a career within a commercial environment
4. Excellent teamwork and communication skills
5. Strong academic / educational background