Senior Systems Engineer. £80k
Our client is looking for a Senior Systems Engineers for their West London team. Our Client is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
Senior Systems Engineer
Salary: £70,000 - £80,000.
What you get to do in this role:
We are currently seeking a Senior Systems Engineer. As a key member of the Cloud Infrastructure Engineering team, you will be responsible for architecting, building and managing the global cloud infrastructure that runs our SaaS product. This is an opportunity to be at the core of building a Cloud SaaS platform that will scale to millions of users! The Cloud Infrastructure Systems Engineering team architects, builds and operates the server infrastructure that runs our SaaS platform at scale and with high availability. Working closely with engineers and developers across the company, the candidate will be responsible for:
- Identifying and addressing issues escalated, toward immediate relief and sustainable resolution
- Driving popular problems to resolution with the corresponding internal stakeholders, whilst working on edge cases for implementation based issues
- Using broad knowledge and experience of systems engineering and networking principles to proactively prevent and address incidents while constantly improving documentation
- Document and maintain relief and resolution guides in knowledge-base articles and standard operating procedures parallel to our scalable and sustainable model
- Training and mentoring internal stakeholders along with the exposure, documentation and hands-on training
- In creating quality of the Cloud service, identify and collaborate with appropriate teams to improve tools and processes such as event monitoring, automation and introduction of new tools as required for our efficiency
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in systems engineering, understanding of the components of a cloud infrastructure including hardware platforms, OS, applications, databases, networks, web and application servers. Prior experience in Site Reliability Engineering/DevOps and managing large-scale server infrastructure at a cloud computing or MSP setting is highly desirable. Strong Linux expertise is a must. Candidate must have good communication skills and work well in an open, collaborative, dynamic team environment.
- Solid experience with Linux (RedHat and/or CentOS)
- Strong experience with service troubleshooting, covering web front-end, Systems, Databases and Networks
- Previous direct exposure to engineering and architecting fundamental internet services (DNS, Mail, Apache/Tomcat) with a good understanding of the LAMP stack.
- Familiarity with MySQL, Oracle, MongoDB, Tungsten or similar technologies
- Familiarity with Networking Technologies such as routing, switching and load balancing (VPN exposure is a huge plus)
- Experience with systems and network performance and availability monitoring and analysis as well as configuration management platforms (Nagios/Icinga, Cacti, Netcool, Monolith, Puppet, cfengine, chef, Splunk, Logstash) is desirable
If interested, please get in contact, I look forward to hearing from you.