Commercial Manager/Quantity Surveyor
SUMMARY OF ROLE
Overseeing quality and cost control over major, complex projects, this challenging role is business critical, and carries the profile and opportunities that suggests. An experienced Quantity Surveyor with strong negotiating skills and experience of controlling budgets.
WHAT WILL I BE RESPONSIBLE FOR?
- Budget control throughout development; cost overruns within tolerance levels; and ensuring sites accord with Group procedures.
- Producing valuations, cost advise for variations, managing contracts etc.
- Accurate costing and preparation of budgets for each aspect of site development.
- Identify and procure sub-contractors, using Group Tender procedures where appropriate, and the procurement of goods and materials.
- Appropriate reporting to the Directors.
- Proven track record in similar role or at the level of Quantity Surveyor.
- Highly numerate with excellent attention to detail, able to gather, interpret and present data to facilitate preparation of budgets and subsequent valuations.
- Strong IT skills, working knowledge of computer systems within the commercial environment, i.e. project management/payment and valuation software.
- Experience of managing budgets/cost control.
- Articulate, clear and credible, and able to thrive under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to contribute towards the resolution of disputes, problems and cost issues.
Unit 20 The Ropery, Anchor and Hope Lane, London, SE7 7RX
£40,000 to £70,000 (depending on experience) per annum, paid monthly, paid on the 15th of the following month
Period of Notice
One month either way during first three months of employment
Additional Travel / Fares
Claimed at cost paid monthly with salary, (excludes journeys from home to place of work and return)
5.6 Weeks (or 28 Days) inclusive of ASG closure at Xmas and all statutory days
Basic Working Times
Normal working hours commence at 8.00am and finish at 5.00pm Monday to Friday.
About Associated Stone Group Ltd
Associated Stone Group is an SMO with offices and manufacturing base in London, servicing Southeast England generally and the whole of the UK for larger projects. Specialising in the sourcing, import, design, construction, maintenance and installation of marble, granite, ceramics and natural stone for the internal and external construction and domestic markets, the company has a wealth of experience from grass roots level upwards. Projects include prestigious domestic and commercial buildings, as well as interior designed homes, kitchens & bathrooms and hard landscaping.