Junior Labour Planner
Our client is looking for a Production and Labour Planner to join their Production team. This is a key role involving analysing data, trends, volume spikes & dips, forecasting the requirements needed to run a successful & efficient production line/s.
Reporting to the Production Manager, you'll be based at the production facility in Northamptonshire. On a daily basis, you'll be responsible for planning, scheduling and analysing the data around production, to ensure that KPI's are met and our efficiency is maximised.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a data savvy individual or an excel wizz looking to gain some hands on experience within Production and Supply Chain.
Our client is looking for someone who has experience in one or several of the following areas; Warehouse Planning & Scheduling, Warehouse Clerk, Warehouse Administration, Transport Planning Clerk or similar.
If you believe you are one of the above with the transferable skills to be a success in a Production Labour Planning role then please read on..............
Junior Labour Planner / Works Scheduler Job Description:
Hours of work: Monday to Friday late shift 12 midday to 8pm.
What you'll do:
- Manage forecasts and convert into a Daily & Weekly Plan, in order to optimise stock and production lines.
- Responsible for the production planning and the execution of the S&OP Supply Plan
- Generate and analyse weekly and monthly KPI's for all aspects of the Operations function - identifying key trends and issues and contribute to planning targets for the site
- Work closely with the Production leaders in relation to efficiency, plan attainment, changeovers, and flexibility.
- Support Marketing / R&D in projects and upcoming product changes.
- Support Materials planning requirements when holiday / sickness cover is required.
- To contribute significantly to the achievement of 100% service level for the site whilst achieving a cost effective finished goods and material stock level.
Who you are:
- Experience in a similar planning or customer service role is essential (logistics or manufacturing / production)
- Strong administration skills with a high level of IT literacy, especially in Microsoft Excel.
- Experienced in T&A / Employee control systems (Horizon is the current onsite T&A system)
- Experienced in ERP or WMS systems would be advantageous
- Knowledge of low & high care food products would be an advantage
- Able to plan labour effectively based on trends, previous output levels, capabilities etc....
- Knowledge of practical statistics for process control and analysis purposes.
- Intermediate to advanced excel skills (demonstrable)
- Ability to reason logically and present findings in an orderly fashion.
- Ability to prioritise and understand the bigger picture within the site e.g. the total process flow
- Ability to communicate with and influence on Operational matters
- Highly organised and detail oriented
- Self-starter who's able to excel in an autonomous environment
This role would suit someone who is currently working in a Production Planner, Production Scheduler, Labour Planner, Works Planner, Manufacturing Planner role
It is commutable from Wellingborough, Kettering, Bedford, Northampton, Milton Keynes, Corby, Burton Latimer, Thrapston, Islip, Raunds.
Interviews for this role is to take place over the next 2 weeks, apply today
PMP Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.