IT Manager, Didcot, £69k
A global Life Sciences company in Didcot is recruiting an IT Manager who will work under the direction of the IT Director. You will partner with the research function to identify, plan, and implement sustainable fit-for-purpose IT capabilities, and deliver a high level of reliability and responsiveness in daily IT operations.
Scope includes current and future IT capabilities including but not limited to internal and external systems, solutions, platforms, applications, data management, integrations, process, services and procedures.
You must be able to understand, and help implement a broader Business Partner IT vision for our Company. Key responsibilities include:
- Plan, build and run of all IT solutions and services in scope
- Sort-out complex needs, and put forth plan of action that starts small, and grows fast
- Build and own strong working relationships with Research function line managers, and influence the overall direction of capabilities in alignment with IT architecture, IT vision and Research needs
- Balance immediate needs and long range objectives of Research function to create IT roadmap in alignment with Sr. Leaders, IT Management, Steer Committee(s) and investment plans
- Put forth foundational, industry specific and innovative IT solutions to deliver on approved roadmap
- Hands-on author requirements, use cases, process flow documents with business stakeholders, translate requirements into IT project plans and deliverables, and execute on IT plans
- Drive quality and scalability in IT business systems, and ensure efficient and effective operational IT processes that adapt to the dynamics of the business
- Ensure all IT services meet expectations and align to best practices in IT architecture, IT security, GxP compliance, and IT production operations. Own related IT SOP, process and procedures.
- Execute project management methodology to deliver new solutions and system enhancements
- Enable the business to achieve their objectives through the effective use of technology
For new systems implementation, execute the IT software development life-cycle including business case, solution evaluation and selection, requirements authoring, business process and data mapping, technical requirement documentation, out-of-the-box systems configuration, overall implementation and related integrations, testing, user training, and production roll-out. As IT owner of established systems, ensure such systems are fit-for-purpose for our business processes, and serve as main point of contact for escalation of any system issues, and system enhancements.
This is a hands-on role expected to balance IT Business Relationship Management, IT architecture, IT staff supervision, IT project management, IT operations, and new solution implementations. This role will be highly visible, and central to building out global IT capabilities.
You will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Information Systems related or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of IT Management experience in customer facing IT role supporting Biotechnology or Pharmaceutical Research and Development function, and experience in related packaged applications, systems, business process and IT process.
- 8+ years hands on experience with GxP and regulated systems, including execution of IT computer systems validation deliverables and process
- 8+ years of managing and leading IT staff in applications, custom development, data management, integrations and related solutions
- 10+ years in hands-on shaping technical solutions and business processes with business and technical staff - must be equally at ease and proficient across platforms, infrastructure, applications, custom development, integrations, data flows, data design, data warehousing and data analytics
- Demonstrated experience in IT business analysis, IT SDLC, change control, systems implementation, enhancement and operations, and project management methodologies
- Proven ability to manage multiple, complex projects simultaneously while owning IT operations
- Strong influencing ability, and exposure to change management tools and techniques
- Strong process design experience to shape business process and best practices
- Strong cross-functional leadership, project management and business savvy acumen
- Strong process mapping ability, and ability to see the big picture
- Cloud based software applications, packaged application, platform implementations, or custom development experience
- Ability to put forth solutions to solve complex problems that start small, and can rapidly scale
- Previous experience in any or all of these Research oriented technology solutions: Scientific Data Management System (SDMS), Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS), Electronic Laboratory Notebooks (eLN), Sample Management, Project Portfolio Management Tools, Mass Spectrometry Solutions, Regulated Document Management, Regulatory Publishing and Submissions Management systems, Advanced Analytics and Data Warehousing for data scientist community, Lab equipment software management, Isolated Networks, SaS analytics, or Scientific Collaboration Technologies
- High energy, confident, gets things done, yet easy going personality
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.
Each candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and ability to perform the duties of the job.
Champion IT, a specialist division of Champion Employment Ltd acting as an Employment Agency & Business.
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted at this time. If you do not hear back from us within four days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application. Please continue to visit the website for other opportunities.