MI and Data Assistant
The job is a position within a small team which manages the pricing activity, result analysis, statistical development and Management Information production for the company. Specifically this role focuses on development & production of Management reporting, while also contributing to the profitability of business written by Premier Underwriting Ltd. using capacity passed to it by a number of Insurers.
The jobholder will be expected to work closely with the Head of Analytics and possibly other Directors, ensuring that the pricing and monitoring activities of the company help achieve the corporate objective of bottom line profit. All of the Jobholder’s activity must be compliant with company processes and the requirements of the FCA, which are overseen by the Compliance Director.
The number of policies and GWP which the jobholder is responsible for analysing will vary from year to year. However the expected GWP for this area will be in the order of £80m on an annual basis subject to achieving profitability.
The jobholder will have to manage large volumes of data and assist the Head of Analytics in making recommendations on pricing and statistics. Supervision Supervision received:
• On-going guidance from the Head of Analytics.
• Guidance on particular tasks and projects will be provided through meetings with the Head of Analytics and other members of the Development team as appropriate. Once briefed, the jobholder is expected to be reasonably self-reliant in completing the task to the required standard.
Supervision Exercised: There are no staff reporting to this role.
Organisation Structure The jobholder reports to the Head of Analytics.
• Qualifications: The successful candidate will have an aptitude in Mathematics, Statistics, or a similar discipline. A degree would be an advantage but is not essential.
• Up to 2 years’ experience of insurance pricing is preferable but not essential.
• Familiarity with management information systems and databases. A strong knowledge of MS Excel and MS Access is essential, particularly in data handling and the design build and maintenance of reporting.
• The jobholder needs to demonstrate credibility in managing relationships with both internal and external management.
• Characteristics: Good interpersonal, verbal and written skills. Very data rational, with good numerical, analytical and problem solving skills, attention to detail and a methodical approach. Ability to build relationships.
• Support of pricing and analysis to help achieve profitable growth of the business. There may also be involvement with the insurers that provide the capacity to Premier Underwriting Ltd. and other Group companies, which require regular reporting.
• Management of Information by different rating factors and products, as required by the Head of Analytics, which will provide added profitability and competitive edge. This will involve large scale data interrogation projects.
• The maintenance, development and production of regular management information reports. The jobholder should seek to ensure that production of any MI is current, accurate and that they fully utilise the power of the technology provided.
• Supporting colleagues as necessary with the distribution of the company’s products. This will include rate tables and postcode tables, through both internal and external computer systems. There will be close liaison with other members of staff as there is some crossover on this role.
• Assisting in developing new products as required.
• Providing the statistical support necessary to assist the Head of Analytics and Claims Controller with the control and operation of an effective claims process.
• When required, supporting the Head of Underwriting, with technical assistance and provision of information to assist in the Underwriting process. Nature and Scope
• The role has an impact on the achievement of the required bottom line profit for the activities the jobholder is involved with.
• In order to be successful in the role, the jobholder requires technical skills such as strong computer literacy and data rationality. Additionally, the jobholder must understand the surrounding activities which contribute to underwriting and account management, including the supporting systems, customer service processes and IT issues.
• The jobholder requires sound analytical skills and the ability to identify and respond to important issues. The jobholder will need to structure their work priorities as required by the Head of Analytics.