Part-time Construction Operations Manager, c20-30hrs/week, c£50k pro rata
Operations Manager with Construction experience, circa 20-30 hrs/wk, High Wycombe, circa £50k fte - There will be occasional site visits required around London and Home Counties. The Head office is based in Loudwater, High Wycombe. (our ref 1272)
Our client is a creative, forward thinking commercial & leisure interiors design and build consultancy established for more than 17 years in the Buckinghamshire area. They provide a complete turnkey solution for office relocations, office fit-outs and office refurbishment projects with contract values of £100k-£1m. Their services include finding new premises, landlord negotiations, space planning, interior design, furniture and fit-out, removals and finance options.
They are currently looking to appoint an experienced part time Operations Manager to join and strengthen their small existing team.
The role involves managing a number of live projects from the head office - usually two or three simultaneously. Managing the small team delivery team, you’ll take overall responsibility for successful project delivery ensuring completion of each project on time and within budget.
Most of the work is Category A or B Fit-out work with a focus on Office and some Leisure projects. The average project value is £250,000.
This is a great opportunity for an Operations Manager who enjoys working on fit-out projects. For your hard work, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary, flexible working hours and be part of a successful, growing team.
The successful candidate will be an experienced Operations or Project Manager who can demonstrate success of managing projects in the construction industry. They will:
- Have experience within the commercial refurbishment and/or building sector, particularly the ability to manage multiple projects and people.
- Have experience of leading and managing a team of experienced yet varied professionals.
- Have strong decision making skills, able to assess issues, take control and reach balanced conclusions quickly.
- Be competent with Microsoft Project
- Have excellent understanding of structural drawings and contract documents
- Be articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have good financial management/cost management experience.
- Strong relationship building skills - able to build rapport and understand requirements and problems quickly
- Experience or understanding of working in a small business environment.
- A positive attitude and motivated approach and an interest in personal and company success
- Have relevant project management skills
The role is seeking around 20-30 hours per week. The salary on offer is circa £50k fte (pro rata for hours worked) depending on experience. There will be occasional site visits required around London and Home Counties. The Head office is based in Loudwater, High Wycombe. (our ref 1272)