Head of Finance/ Finance Director
Head of Finance/ Finance Director - c 80k + Benefits
Nationwide Recruitment Service (NRS) is looking for an enthusiastic, talented Head of Finance/ Finance Director to join their already expanding team.
This may well suit someone that has been a financial controller/ finance director of head of finance or managed a team within a software development business.
This role will develop the accountancy, administration and support functions in maintaining transition to a client centric, product based organisation. This is a new key role which will include multiple responsibilities.
The Head of Finance contributes to the overall success of the organisation by effectively managing all financial tasks for the organisation. To lead, develop and drive the Finance function forwards and be accountable for all financial aspects of the business.
Our client would prefer candidates that have led or supervised a finance team within an IT/ Software / Systems/ Development industry
Previous experience of working within a business that uses time sheets for billing purposes
Leadership and Team Management
- To lead, coach, manage and motivate the Finance team to deliver results
- To work with the team to ensure timely and accurate completion of the monthly close process.
- To set clear objectives and manage the performance & development of the Finance team as appropriate, to ensure they are adequately equipped to undertake their roles
Financial accounting and reporting
- Produce financial reporting including:
- monthly board pack
- Weekly P&L
- Project reports (also covering delivery team reporting)
- Audited accounts
Deliver Added Value
- Work with the functional heads to pro-actively deliver the results to meet budget
- Stakeholder interaction with and reporting to the board, shareholders, clients, senior management team, all staff
- Client engagement including production and presentation of PSL financial information
- Identify issues and concerns within the business based on financial analysis; propose and deliver solutions.
- Responsible for the production of financial forecasts, budgets and long term plans - strategic direction of the business
- To continually review and improve processes and procedures to maximise efficiency, effectiveness and understanding of the underlying data processed
Data Ownership - Time sheets
- To own the data within the time sheet system ensuring that it is complete, accurate, consistent and up to date at the end of each day
- To produce reports with this data that can be used to make key business decisions
- To work closely with other functional owners to produce MI that meets their needs (including reports generated from the time sheet system)
- Advise the organisation's Directors on appropriate insurance coverage for the organisation and the Board.
- Maximise income where possible and appropriate.
- Negotiate with Bank for financial services products as required and appropriate.
Responsible for financial accounting systems for cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit control, and petty cash
Manage the bank accounts and company cash flow (including preparing cash flow forecasts)
Manage the acquisition of capital assets and ensure that assets are properly recorded, depreciated, and disposed of as appropriate.
Qualifications - Professional designation
- A recognised professional accountancy qualification