A British high-street chain which sells homewares and household goods, looking for an Online Merchandiser!
Your new company
A British high-street chain which sells homewares and household goods.
Your new role
The Site Merchandiser helps maximise digital revenue and margin by merchandising the website and making it easy and simple for customers to browse, find and purchase products on site. This person will improve the look and feel of the site and deliver improvements to the online customer journey in order to deliver a great customer experience.
* Merchandise the website and make it easy for customers to find, browse and buy products, services and content on site
* Create, plan and schedule site merchandising campaigns including new content launches and promotional campaigns
* Optimise product categories online including search results, optimisation rules, product sort order, promotional banners, product recommendations
* Optimise content, merchandising campaigns, messaging and site navigation
* Analyse data to identify customer segmentation strategies to utilise when merchandising content and continually improve the online shopping experience
* Partner with marketing, photography studio, content and buying colleagues to craft and execute promotional events, site merchandising campaigns and bespoke launches
* Develop and customise email campaigns to acquire, grow and retain customers
* Contribute to the development and testing of new customer-facing product features and carry out A/B testing to validate hypothesis
* Identify opportunities to improve site layout, look and feel, content, efficiency and automation and work cross-functionally to implement them
Financial Joint Responsibility for Revenue and Margin for nominated categories
-Others Customer Satisfaction
-Average Session Duration
-Pages per Session
What you'll need to succeed
Knowledge/ Skills /Experience Required:
* Must have a passion for online marketing
* Knowledge of online merchandising systems including search, product recommendations
* Highly creative - able to visualise and bring to life inspiring/creative approaches to merchandising
* Ability to conceptualize and execute projects, with strong bias for action and ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
* Experience writing customer-facing content that is on-brand, relevant, and tailored to the internet shopper
* Demonstrated experience using data and metrics to measure performance and determine improvements
* Understanding and use of web metrics and how to gauge
* Ability to analyze data quantitatively and use customer research, data and metrics to back up assumptions, identify opportunities, and assess the efficacy of marketing programs
* Detailed oriented with good data analysis skills in order to understand and use web metrics to gauge trends and evaluate customer impact
* Good communication skills with ability to influence peers and managers in other teams
* High drive for results - able to get things done, manage multiple priorities with minimum supervision
* Highly organised with excellent attention to detail
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Good project management skills
Experience * 2 years plus experience in a similar role ideally in a multi-category general merchandise retailer
* 3+ years relevant work experience in roles requiring data analysis, process improvements, creative problem solving, and cross-functional collaboration
* Minimum 2 year's site merchandising experience executing highly visible online customer experiences
This is a new role within the Digital team and will require a strong self starter who can effectively engage with peers in the Trading teams who have limited Digital knowledge.
What you'll get in return
Competitive salary, enviable staff discounts and many progression opportunities!
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.