General Ledger Supervisor
Haig&Co are delighted to be working with a listed US-owned business to support them in the search for a General Ledger Supervisor to support the Manager and assist in the management of the team at a vital time for the business.
This is a very well-known global brand with a multi-site, complex business operation. Based to the north of Birmingham, this large-scale operation seeks to bolster its UK, European and Global support for their expansion plans for 2017 onwards.
As General Ledger Supervisor, you will help support the maintenance of the fixed asset ledger and provide advice and guidance to the team.
- Providing help and support to the business on all fixed asset accounting matters and processes
- Overseeing the Fixed Asset accounting team
- Manage and perform the capital project control process to ensure accurate information flow
- Ensuring team achieve and deliver specific goals and operational performance metrics and measures
- Effective resolution of queries and review and resolve feedback from internal/external customers to create best practice
- Escalation of transaction and system abnormalities to senior management
- Ensure that the team is appropriately trained on existing and new processes and procedures
- Demonstrate in depth knowledge of processes and procedures and strive for continuous improvement of the team to continually create best practice
- Supporting the Fixed Asset Manager with driving through outputs on specific projects related to Fixed Assets and general accounting, working to deliver added value by scoping out business requirements for all related projects
- Identify known and potential risks and develop risk mitigation plans
- Review staff performance and support development and continual performance improvement
- Other ad hoc duties
The ideal candidate would have the following:
- Proven and demonstrable experience within accounts and full understanding Fixed Assets and general accounting processes and technical systems
- Currently studying towards an accounting qualification or qualified by experience
- Strong experience of supervising a Fixed Asset team
- Proven track record for driving process efficiencies and problem solving
- Personable and customer focused attitude to work output with a "can do" attitude
- A strong communicator able to speak and interpret data to non-finance professionals
- Very organised and with a keen eye for detail
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Shared Service Centre experience would be a distinct bonus
On offer is an incredible opportunity to become part of a worldwide organisation to join a business function at a key time for them. With a very attractive salary, as well as profit share bonus, private medical insurance and other benefits.