Finance Manager - London - retail e-commerce experience - £60k
A unique opportunity to work for a young and vibrant London based fashion retailer has arisen. If you are a hands - on and dynamic Finance Manager then read on!
Your main role is to ensure the smooth running of the business Finance department (including managing a part time bookkeeper).
The main responsibilities of the role:
- Manage the business Finance function. Ensure the smooth running of finance function & management of part time bookkeeper
- Supporting Operational team in financial aspects of their roles & ensuring trading is optimized through regular analysis of KPIs and results
- Ownership of month end and board reporting, from in depth knowledge of chart of accounts, accuracy of book entries
- Variance Analysis: Monthly/Quarterly (TBC by MD) meetings with relevant team members to discuss departmental P&Ls versus budget.Ensure that there is a focus on cost saving and controls around spending (P&L, CAPEX & Stock).
- Management of budgeting & forecasting (to include CF & BS), with help from MD on 3 year plan & CF
- Merch support: Set stock Buy forecast with MD, setting exchange rate and regular review with merch to ensure margin and buy inline with budget
- Appropriate financial controls to be implemented
- Preparation/review of weekly payrun & monthly payroll
- Credit control; Ensure wholesale appropriately manage deposit & proforma payments schedule, credit checks and chasing of debt
- Track actual cash flow movements against budgeted cash flow movements and highlight any issues to MD on a timely basis
- Responsible for preparation and review of all government submissions, including accuracy of VAT return
- Ensure Stock is accurate and reconciliation and stock count procedures are strengthened. Monthly stock journal to be posted based on closing stock
- Other adhoc recs and analysis as required, in particular to support the needs of MD and other business functions
- From time to time attend meetings with The Board of Directors and discuss financials with them
- Other adhoc tasks/analysis as required by Creative Director/MD
- YE Accounts and liaison with Auditors to ensure all statutory requirements are met for the company
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Exceptional organisational & management skills
- Flexible 'hands on’ approach and ability to multi-task
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Willing to adapt and take on new challenges and driven to continually improve processes & procedures
- Strong IT skills - Word, PDF, Zedonk would be a bonus
- Sage 50 experience essential
- Intermediate excel
- Fashion retail accounting experience to include e-commerce
- Strong leadership and management skills
If this role is of interest to you then apply now!