Intermediate Quantity Surveyor
We are currently seeking an Intermediate Quantity Surveyor on a full time, permanent basis for our Ipswich based private professional practice consultancy client.
The role will be primarily office based with a need to travel to sites when required. The majority of the projects will be located in East Anglia, London and the Home Counties although travel to projects throughout England can be expected.
- Working on projects with other Surveyors in the Health, Leisure, Commercial, Educational and Residential sectors
- Carry out site valuations
- Provide a comprehensive commercial and financial service covering all aspects of the project
- Advise on what the current expenditure and liabilities are and make suggestions on how changes can be made to enhance the value obtained from the project
- Responsible for the validation and monitoring of costs
- Implement innovative construction procurement routes to align with the long-term objectives of the client’s business plan
- Prepare relevant certification
- A degree level education is not essential but would be advantageous
- Demonstrable experience of working on previous quantity surveying and cost management projects
- Own transport is required to conduct site surveys
- Hold a valid CSCS Card
- Self-motivated and comfortable working in a team
- Annual salary of £25,000 - £35,000 DOE
- 5 hour working week
- Annual leave of 24 days + 8 Bank Holidays
- Auto-enrolment government pension scheme
- Long term career development is encouraged and support provided in any further training and qualifications including RICS studies
- Company mobile phone. Available for personal use
- Contributory company health care scheme available
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a long-established company in the area.
Due to our client’s requirements, we can only accept applications from UK based candidates. Our client is an equal opportunities employer. Please apply now to avoid missing out.