Rutherford Briant are currently recruiting for a Financial Accountant with a market leading business based in Harlow. This role will be responsible for the day to day accounting processes with a focus on accounting control and audits. This position will also be responsible for implementing and maintaining controls and processes as well as reporting into a group function.
Typical duties include:
- The preparation of journal postings as well as reviewing and approving non-local ledger submissions
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly VAT returns as well an keeping an up to date working knowledge of VAT legislation
- Providing complete calculations for the reccommended levels of non-technical provisions required for each financial/statuary period end
- Responsible for the analysis of Monthly Trial Balances
- Complete year end Financial and statuary returns as well as the maintenance of the year end working files for internal control and external audit review
- Provide financial information on a monthly basis to tight deadlines to ensure monthly management accounts are produces efficiently and accurately.
- Assist in the continual improvement of the nominal ledger account code structure to ensure operational efficiency
- Responsible for the performing monthly balance sheet reconciliations within predefined deadlines, including all resolutions of any reconciliation items including stock and GRNI accounting.
The successful candidate will have experience working within the Financial Accounting department with progressive attitude. You will need to have experience using Excel to a high level as well as being systems minded. You will need to be able to consign to strict statuary reporting standards as well as being able to work autonomously. It would be beneficial if you are studying a professional accounting qualification.
Rutherford Briant are the leading quality driven accountancy and finance recruitment specialist in East Anglia and London