Sponsorship Event Business Development Executive - Global Media Company
Contentive is part of the Blenheim Chalcot (BC) group. BC is a network of over 26 digital businesses that are built with the aim of disrupting and transforming sectors. BC is a cohesive group and we have a culture built around curious, engaging and entrepreneurial people.
Contentive is a global B2B media and information company, helping professionals and businesses excel in a digital world. We provide an engaging mix of news, events, intelligence and training, across Digital Marketing, Digital Finance and other Business Media verticals.
Our information based products and services help professionals excel in a world being transformed by digital - and our tools and platform provide marketers with access to clearly defined audiences.
Founded in 2012, we have offices in London, New York, Hong Kong and India. Our London team are located in One Hammersmith Broadway, a modern, five-storey building which hosts a hotbed of innovation-focused, high-growth companies - all backed by the Blenheim Chalcot group, leading active investors with annual sales of over £350M.
- Instrumental discovered Callum Scott who went on to have a UK Number 1 with 'Dancing on My Own’
- We have strong links with Google: Dan Cobley, one of our partners was MD at Google for UK & I. Squared Online; Digital Marketing course was developed by Google and powered by our Edtech business, Avado
- Sir Clive Woodward has a successful venture in our portfolio, Hive Learning, collaborative learning app.
Our culture is inclusive, modern, friendly, smart and innovative - we seek to employ bright, positive thinking self-starters with a can-do attitude. Our people enjoy challenging themselves to be the best at what they do - if that sounds like you, you’ll fit right in!
Contentive are committed to investing in your future by training you in Sponsorship sales skills that will serve you at Contentive and beyond. Depending on performance, you could be promoted to Business Development Manager after 1 year and potentially have the opportunity to become an Account Manager after 18-24 months. This is a starting point to developing your sales career - the route might be across brand, with senior decision makers at global brands and in fact end up in either London or NYC
We will offer a competitive salary and benefits package (private health care, pension scheme, 25 days holiday and other flexible benefits as we add them in 2017 such as Perkbox, contribution to gym membership).
We at Contentive are looking for a business development executive to join our commercial team and help to grow business through bringing on new clients. The purpose of the role is to generate, manage a successful sales pipeline for new business and achieve the required team revenue target. To meet and exceed monthly activity targets and KPI’s you will need to work closely with colleagues to ensure your actions fully support the rest of the business and operational requirements
Working in a high-performance atmosphere, you will use your commercial acumen and selling skills whilst taking the initiative - supported by our in-house experience & expertise - to attract, acquire new accounts.
- Full accountability and responsibility for meeting & exceeding monthly revenue targets.
- Managing all aspects of employer engagement ensuring a positive outcome and experience for the client.
- Demonstrate credible and effective engagement with relevant client stakeholders, decision makers and influencers.
- Meeting & exceeding sales KPI’s for Business Developments calls.
- Maintain full, accurate and timely CRM records for all client and prospect activity.
- Effectively manage required legislative paperwork and client documentation in a timely manner.
- Provide effective management reporting.
- Engaging Contentive senior management in sales opportunities where appropriate.
PROFESSIONAL AND PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including ability to persuade and negotiate
- A background / experience in events SPEX sales
- Ability to effectively engage and communicate at Director level
- Ability to prepare and present high quality sales proposals and tender responses
- Proactive, self-motivated with ability to work alone and with colleagues
- Highly organised with excellent time management skills.
- Ability to manage all aspects of client and stakeholder engagement
- Ability to fully understand and convey value propositions
- PC skills including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint with a knowledge of sales based CRM
- Ability to create and deliver sales presentations to internal and external customers with credibility
- Confident in building and maintaining senior level relationships with clients
- Formal Sales Training
CONTENTIVE CAN OFFER YOU
- The right mix of challenges, learning and development opportunities
- A dynamic start-up environment
- Real prospects to grow your career
- Open culture in which everyone feels comfortable sharing ideas and opinions