Financial Planning & Analysis Accountant
T2M Resourcing are recruiting a qualified accountant to undertake a Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) role for a leading international Fast Moving Consumer Goods company. Based near Birmingham this is a great opportunity for a qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA or equivalent) who has strong analytical skills and thrives in an environment where you will be supporting the senior management team in shaping strategy and making informed decisions to ensure the business continues to grow. The role would be ideally suited to accountants seeking their first 'post qualification’ move following on from a graduate training program although we will consider candidates with relevant experience.
Reporting to the Financial Controller and working closely with the commercial management you’re your responsibilities will include:
- To support and influence business decisions through the provision of financial data, analysis and ad-hoc reports
- Undertaking detailed / 'deep dive’ financial analysis using advanced Excel and financial modelling skills to provide business insight and support to ensure the division meets its performance objectives
- Having a major input to business planning, budgeting and forecasting processes, working closely with the business management to ensure clarity, understanding and ownership of the plans and targets / goals
- Getting involved in projects to drive continuous performance initiatives
- Undertaking 'what if’ scenario analysis and playing a key role in challenging assumptions with the sales and marketing teams
To be successful in the role you will have the following skills and experience and attributes:
- A strong academic track record with a degree (minimum 2:1) and professional accounting qualification (ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent)
- Exception analytical and problem solving skills with advanced Excel & data mining skills
- Prior experience of FP&A is useful but not essential
- Ideally having progressed through a graduate / finance training and development program within Public Practice or an FMCG / Retail / Logistics or Manufacturing business
- A confident and outgoing character with great communication skills and able to work across multiple functions
- Passionate about personal development and making a difference in a business that has a great (friendly) culture and endless energy in pursuit of performance improvement
What’s in it for you?
The company provides a first class working environment, competitive salary and excellent benefits including pension, private medical cover, bonus scheme, subsidised restaurant and product discounts. Career prospects including International Assignments are excellent. Salary will be up to c£50,000.
If the position could be of interest, then please apply immediately.