Meeting Planner / Venue Find Consultant
Meeting Planner / Venue Find Consultant, London, £23k
Our client is a Global Event Management Agency. They are currently looking for a Meeting planner / Venue Find Consultant to deliver all the venue finding requirements within Pharmaceutical client account. You will forge and develop relationships across all levels of the M&E business imparting best in class market knowledge of meeting facilities and providers and thus supporting clients key objectives in meeting arranging.
The responsibilities of the Meeting Planner / Venue Find Consultant are as follows:
- To maximise client revenue through up selling and promotion of the company’s services.
- To ensure cancellations are managed in line with the company’s standards and procedures
- To maximise all income opportunities and to be actively aware of commission rates, preferred partners securing and negotiating enhanced levels wherever possible.
- To undertake face to face meetings with clients as and when required to do so
- To coordinate venue visits for the client and where necessary arrange for you to accompany them
- To adhere to Client Specific Service Level agreements (where required).
- Update client Starcite system with all required information during the life cycle of an event for strict company compliance & client reporting purposes.
The skills required for the Meeting Planner / Venue Find Consultant are as follows:
- Previous experience of working in a groups position within the travel or events industry
- Good understanding of UK and European Hotel product
- Word / Excel / PowerPoint and general IT skills essential
- Strong multi-tasker who works well under pressure and can easily deal with short lead requests
- Accomplished and confident negotiator
- Able to self-motivate
- Creative, open-minded and willingness to adapt
- An excellent communicator & team player