Bright, versatile, Accounts Assistant to work for North London retail group
Market leading organisation based in Finchley in North London are looking for an experienced Accounts Assistant to work as part of a busy team. Reporting to the Financial Controller your duties will mainly consist of purchase ledger work but you may also be expected to assist with accounts receivable when required.
Specific duties will include:
* Checking/ posting invoices with accuracy.
* Batching high volumes of invoices.
* Organising payments to suppliers on a timely basis.
* To ensure that correct codes are allocated to the expenditure.
* To administrate and reconcile all company credit cards expenditure.
* Deal with a range of finance related queries, both internal and external.
* To assist the Financial Director / Management Accountant and team colleagues with day-to-day tasks.
* Filing systems.
* Chasing debt by telephone/emails/letters and reducing debtor days.
* Answering phone calls and taking payments.
* At least 2 years previous purchase ledger experience
* Good spoken and written communication skills.
* Polite but assertive telephone manner and good systems knowledge.
* Ability to work under pressure. to strict deadlines
* Good Problem solving ability.
* Ideally have experience in using Sage.
* An organised approach to working.
* The ability to explain financial matters firmly and clearly.
* Have good Excel skills and mathematical skills.
* Administrative flexibility and good computer skills.
* Knowledge of credit control function would be beneficial but not essential.