Injection Moulding Process Technician / Tool Setter
My client in Sittingbourne is seeking 2 X Injection Technicians - Tool Setters.
We are looking for two Tool Setters. One to work Saturday and Sunday, 7am to 7pm one week and 7pm to 7am the following week. The other to work Monday to Friday 7am to 3pm one week and 3pm to 11pm the following week.
This is an opportunity to join a prestigious, forward-thinking and highly successful company.
Salary £28-32K depending on experience.
The role will include -
1) To be responsible for all aspects of tool changing in the injection Department.
2) To ensure that all tool changes and other maintenance work carried out on the injection moulding machine is done safely and within Health and Safety guidelines.
3) To ensure that the cavities in the tools are sprayed with mould protection before removing form the tool from press for a tool/Insert change.
4) To be responsible for all aspects of process control, setting and to achieve the quality standard required for products produced in the Injection Moulding Department.
5) To work for and with the Production Manager to reduce machine downtime within the guideline outlined by SMED.
6) To ensure that "Process Setting" sheets are used to set each new job. (These offer a "guide" to the process condition required for each job, however, the Process engineer will update the setting sheets as required.)
7) To be responsible for the quality of product produced in the Injection Moulding process. As part of this responsibility, regular QC checks are required to be completed on each machine operating, every hour.
8) To ensure that the Production Schedule is followed and that "Barco" (production monitoring system) is updated as required, for any of the headings displayed in the Barco controller. I.e, tool changes, Breakdown, Colour Changes etc.
9) To ensure the Injection Moulding machines and the surrounding area is maintained in a clean and tidy condition at all times, especially after tool changing.
10) To ensure that the Injection Moulding machines are restarted after a tool and Insert changes with a minimum of scrap and in the minimum of time.
11) To work with the Senior Supervisor/Process Engineer and QC department, to progress and monitor and to ensure that the required quality standards are maintained.
12) To ensure that any machine "faults" (electrical or mechanical) are reported to the Production Manager.
13) To work with the Directors and Managers of the company to progress improvements.
14) To comply with all the requests of your Manager to ensure the smooth operation of the department. This may include flexible working as required.